Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I'm planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I'm cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don't stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Here's what's on my menu this week…
Weight Watchers Meal Plan Ideas (Week #19)
This week I'm going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and:
1. ½ Grapefruit (0PP) and steel cut oats (4PP) with maple syrup (1PP) - one of my healthy go to breakfasts. I like to make a big batch of steel cut oats over the weekend to warm up during the week.
2. Healthy Low Calorie Breakfast Smoothie (4PP) - a quick, easy, healthy delicious way to begin the day.
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here's research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I'm home I plan to have:
1. Spinach Quiche (8PP) - made with real cream, milk, cheese and eggs this quiche keeps me satisfied for hours. Enjoy with a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP)
2. Leftovers from Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
1. Shredded Cabbage Soup (4 WWPP) - hearty but not heavy, with the ability to fill you for relatively few PointsPlus. Perfect for Meatless Monday. Enjoy with warm crusty sourdough bread (2PP).
2. Skinny Pasta with Broccoli + Chicken (9PP) - one of my favorite quick and easy pasta recipes that I've been making for decades. Enjoy a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP) alongside.
3. Slow Cooker Italian Pork + White Bean Stew (7PP) - easy, flavorful, fall apart tender and delicious, perfect for dinner on a cold winter night. Enjoy with warm crusty sourdough bread (2PP)
4. Lentil Mushroom and Kale Burritos (10PP) - really quick and easy, especially if you use already cooked lentils. And surprisingly delicious. If you're feeling adventurous, give it a try.
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Fruit (0PP) and Laughing Cow Cheese (1PP)
2. Carrots (0PP) and Hummus (1PP)
Low Fat Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Icing (5PP) - Rod loves cake and it's been a while since I've baked one. I don't eat dessert every night, just a couple of times a week. I'll share some of it with Mom and my neighbors, to prevent us from getting carried away with it.
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!