Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I'm planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I'm cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don't stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Planner Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Here's what's on my menu this week…
Weight Watchers Meal Planner Ideas (Week #20)
This week I'm going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and:
1. Cottage Cheese (3PP) with Fruit (0PP) - It's the first week of March and time for my monthly weigh-in so I'll be trying to lighten up a little this week. Plus I love cottage cheese and fruit and have been craving it recently.
2. English Muffin (3PP) with Almond Butter (3PP) and ½ Banana (0PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here's research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I'm home I plan to have:
1. Apple Cheddar Cranberry Salad -(7PP) with its winning combination of crunchy, crispy, savory, sweet, and chewy flavors and textures, this salad is a delight.
2. Leftovers from Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
1. Easy Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup (6PP) - hearty, but not heavy. And full of flavorful. Perfect for a cold weather supper during weigh-in week. Enjoy with warm crusty sourdough bread (2PP).
2. Crock Pot Pepper Steak (6PP) - tasty bite-size pieces of round steak slow cooked with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and diced tomatoes. Enjoy a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP) alongside.
3. Weight Watchers Pasta with Chicken Sausage + Kale (8PP) - a simple and delicious recipe I found on the WeightWatchers site a couple years ago that I've been making ever since. Enjoy a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP) alongside.
4. Slow Cooker Cuban Citrus Chicken (6PP) -fresh orange and lime juice combine with garlic, onion, and bay leaf, for an easy fresh and flavorful main dish. Enjoy with black beans (2) and Mashed Sweet Potatoes (2PP)
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Fruit (0PP) Laughing Cow Cheese (1PP) and Triscuits (3PP)
2. Carrots (0PP) and Hummus (1PP)
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!