Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans with Points here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I'm planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
Taking the time to think about what I'm cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don't stick to it one hundred percent - life happens, but it helps to have a rough guide. And prevents me from reaching into the cookie jar or bag of chips too often. Whoever said that failing to plan was planning to fail was spot on!
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan (Week #40)
Stay cool and have a wonderful week!
This week I'm going to begin the day with a skinny latte (2PP) and either:
1. Cottage cheese (½ cup - 2PP) with fruit (1 cup - 0PP)
2. English muffin (3PP) with Peanut Butter (2 teaspoons - 2 PP) and sliced Banana (0PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here's research that supports this idea.) I usually eat lunch out a couple days a week, which prevents me from getting too bored.
1. Skinny Chopped Greek Salad (4PP) - Chickpeas, cucumber, grape tomatoes, red onion, Kalamata olives and feta cheese tossed in a simple lemon olive oil dressing, this salad will hold in the fridge for a few days without getting soggy.
2. Leftovers from dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
1. Italian Sausage Pasta (9PP) - This Italian sausage pasta recipe is one of my all-time favorites that I've been making for years. Serve with a simple Tossed Green Salad (0PP) with Low Calorie Vinaigrette (2PP)
3. Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pitas (8PP) These slow cooker Greek chicken pitas are a light + healthy change from more traditional slow cooker dishes perfect any time of year. Serve with WW Potato Salad with Dill (3PP)
4. Lightened Up French Bread Pizza (5PP) - It’s pretty easy to make homemade French bread pizza lighter and healthier than the kind from a box. This was even tastier than I'd hoped. Serve with a big Tossed Green Salad (0PP) with Low Calorie Vinaigrette (2PP)
I try to limit my snacks to one in the late afternoon which keeps me from being overly hungry when I'm getting dinner. To prevent snacking while I'm making dinner, I often chew gum.
1. Honeydew Melon Chunks and Sliced Cucumbers tossed with lemon juice (1 cup - 0PP)
2. Baby Carrots (0PP) and Hummus (2 Tablespoons - 2PP)
I usually limit dessert to once or twice a week. At this time of year, I crave cold and creamy sweet treats like sorbet, frozen yogurt and ice cream. If portion control is a problem, there are lots of novelty treats to choose from in the freezer case of most grocery stores. Or head to your favorite ice cream/frozen yogurt shop for a small cup 🙂
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with PointsPlus section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!