Another week, another meal plan.
Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Meal Plans here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I’m planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I’m cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don’t stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide. And prevents me from reaching into the cookie jar or open bag of chips too often.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plan Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Meal Plan (Week #25)
This week I’m going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. Banana Peanut Butter Breakfast Sushi: Spread a medium tortilla (2PP) with one tablespoon peanut butter (3PP). Place a small banana (0PP) on top and roll up. Then cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Yogurt Fruit Cereal Sundae: Place 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (3PP) in a small bowl . Top with 1/2 cup chopped fresh fruit (0PP). Drizzle with 2 teaspoons maple syrup (1PP) and top with 1/2 crumbled up shredded wheat biscuit (1PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here’s research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I’m home I plan to have:
1. Lemony Lentil Quinoa Salad (6pp): This lemony lentil quinoa salad is the recipe that finally turned me into a quinoa lover. It’s quick and easy if you use already cooked lentils, which I get a Trader Joe’s.
2. Leftovers from Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
2. Burgers – 4 ounces 95% lean ground beef burger (3PP) on a lightly toasted english muffin (3PP) with lettuce (oPP) tomato (0PP) mustard (0PP) and ketchup (0PP). Serve with easy broccoli slaw (2PP).
3. Chicken Avocado Salad (5PP) using leftover roasted chicken with warm crusty whole grain baguette (2PP)
4. Mom’s Baked Gnocchi Bolognese Skillet (7PP) with simple tossed green salad (oPP) with olive oil (1PP) and balsamic vinegar (0PP)
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Fruit (apple, orange, or pear) (0) with a string cheese (2) OR nuts (3)
2. Baby Carrots (0) with 1/4 cup Hummus (2)
1. Easy blonde brownies (3PP) – Because this easy blond brownie recipe uses melted butter, there’s no creaming of butter and sugar required, making them really easy to stir together. And even though they’re lower in fat, they still bake up rich and chewy.
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!