Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Blonde Brownies
(110 calories | *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Looking for an easy blonde brownies recipe that’s lower in fat and calories?
I’ve got you covered. Because this easy blond brownie recipe uses melted butter, there’s no creaming of butter and sugar required, making them really easy to stir together.
And even though they’re lower in fat, they still bake up rich and chewy.
Delicious plain, I also love them with a few dark chocolate chips stirred in. Coconut, dried fruit and nuts are great too.
And you can dress up these easy blonde brownies depending on the circumstances. Sometimes I like to bake them in a 9-inch round pie dish, then serve wedges a la mode for dessert.
Skinny on Easy Blonde Brownies Recipe
With just 110 calories and *3 Weight Watchers Points Plus, they are a sweet treat you can afford to indulge in once in a while.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Program, these are now *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Optional Blonde Brownie Recipe Additions & Variations:
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch chips
- Chopped caramels
- Chopped bits of toffee
- Dried cherries, cranberries, or apricots
- Oats (Old-fashioned or quick cooking)
- 2 teaspoons of espresso powder stirred into the butter/sugar mixture
If you enjoy these blondies, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly sweet treat recipes, including Butterscotch Blondies, Slow Cooker Impossible Chocolate Brownie Pie, Crock Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies, Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Mini Bars and Skinny Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie Bars
If you’ve made this Low Fat Blondies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Blonde Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or shortening and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well blended and set it aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Remove from the heat and with a whisk or wooden spoon, stir in the brown sugar, vanilla, milk and egg until creamy and well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined then stir in up to 1 cup total of any optional additions.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into 16 squares.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Yummy Weight Watchers Brownie Recipes
- Easy Slow Cooker Brownies
- Skinny Black Bean Brownies
- Skinny Apple Brownies
- Moist & Chewy Low Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!