Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Butterscotch Blondies
The Skinny of Butterscotch Blondies
Butterscotch blondies are one of my all time favorites! And with 119 calories and *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 Freestyle SmartPoints, in each little 1-1/2 inch square, they are definitely worth the splurge.
Sometimes I prefer to have a little bit of a real full-fat full sugar cookie or brownie than more of a lower fat version. It’s a tradeoff.
This versatile bar cookie is perfect when you want the consistency of a brownie without the flavor of chocolate. In addition to being sweet, flavorful, and chewy, they stir together in minutes with ingredients that you probably keep stocked in your pantry.
These butterscotch blondies are perfect for a casual dessert made extra special when served with a small scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt and drizzle or butterscotch topping. They make a thoughtful hostess gift, and are great for parties and potlucks too.
I have made this easy butterscotch blondies recipe as written – with part brown/part white sugar – and also with all brown sugar which makes them even chewier.
These delightful butterscotch blondies are based on a recipe from Anne Byrn for pecan saucepan blondies I discovered in her cookbook The Dinner Doctor . Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Butterscotch Blondies Recipe Variations
- Coconut Butterscotch Blondies: Substitute 1 cup coconut flakes for the chopped pecans
- Coconut Macadamia Butterscotch Blondies: Substitute 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts for the pecans and add 1/2 to 1 cup coconut flakes
- Chocolate, Oat, and Walnut Blondies: Substitute semisweet chocolate chips for the butterscotch chips and walnuts for the pecans. Reduce the biscuit mix to 2 cups and add 1 cup quick cooking oats.
If you’ve made these butterscotch blondies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Butterscotch Blondies Recipe
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1-1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups biscuit mix, such as Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter, stirring it with a wooden spoon so it doesn't scorch. Add the brown sugar and cook, stirring, until it dissolves into the butter. This will take 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the granulated sugar, biscuit mix, vanilla, and eggs. Stir until everything is well blended.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips and pecans. With a rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the butterscotch blondies until the edges rise up, get crusty, and begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and the center is glossy but still a little soft.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 48 little squares.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Delicious Blondies, Brownies and Bars for Weight Watchers
- Moist Chewy Low Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Skinny Black Bean Brownies
- Skinny Raspberry Squares
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!