WW Recipe of the Day: Flourless Espresso Wheat Germ Blondies
Flourless, though not gluten-free, these delicious coffee-tinged blondies are held together with toasted wheat germ and make a wonderful low carb sweet treat. They turn out nice and chewy with a wonderfully nutty flavor and should keep for a week on the counter when store in an airtight container.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these low carb flourless blondies?
According to my calculations, each blondie has just 122 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make Espresso Wheat Germ Blondies
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper (for easier removal and clean-up) and lightly spray with nonstick baking spray.
Step 3: Stir together the oil, eggs, Truvia Brown Sugar Blend , vanilla, espresso powder, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined and well blended.
Step 4: Add the wheat germ and walnuts and mix just until combined.
Step 5: Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake until set and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
Step 6: Allow blondies to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing and cutting into 16 squares.
Step 7: Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature.
I highly recommend using an oven thermometer for accurate baking temperatures.
My blondies were done in about 25 minutes and I actually could have pulled them out a minute or two sooner than I did because they will continue to bake in the pan even after taking them out of the oven. I prefer my blondies and brownies on the chewy side, rather than dry and crunchy, so I always check them several minutes before the recipe suggests.
Substitute the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend with your favorite zero calorie brown sugar substitute.
Enjoy these blondies plain, or a la mode style with a scoop of your favorite lite ice cream or frozen yogurt.
If you've made these Flourless Chewy Blonde Brownies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Flourless Espresso Wheat Germ Blondies
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper (for easier removal) and lightly spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Stir together the oil, eggs, Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, vanilla, espresso powder, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl until thoroughly combined and well blended.
- Add the wheat germ and walnuts and mix just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake until set and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow blondies to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing and cutting into 16 squares.
- Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe source: Homemade in a Hurry: More than 300 Shortcut Recipes for Delicious Home Cooked Meals by Andrew Schloss
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these Low Carb Espresso Blondies, you might also like
- Low Calorie Butterscotch Blondies
- Crock Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Easy Everyday Blonde Brownies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!