Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Chicken Picadillo
(278 calories | 5 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you're not familiar with Picadillo here's a little history. It's a traditional meat dish in most Latin American countries as well as Spain, but the ingredients do vary from region to region.
Most often it is made with ground beef, chopped tomatoes and various regional ingredients. You'll usually find it served with rice, tortillas, as a filling for tacos, empanadas and fritters, and in croquettes.
This ground chicken (or turkey) version is an easy to prepare Weight Watchers-friendly recipe that takes only 30 minutes from start to finish.
The Skinny on Chicken Picadillo
Each generous 1-cup serving of Chicken Picadillo has about 278 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you prefer, you can substitute skinless ground turkey breast for the chicken. Enjoy!
If you've made this Easy Chicken Picadillo, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Chicken Picadillo Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground skinless chicken breast
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken and cook, stirring and breaking up the clumps, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, raisins, olives, cumin, salt and pepper, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the almonds just before serving.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Looking for more quick and easy Weight Watchers Recipes?
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!