WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Carrots with Apple Glaze
Here's an easy side dish with only 4-ingredients that will help jazz up any meal.
These slow cooker carrots with apple glaze were a big hit when I recently served them alongside a yummy crock pot beer braised beef (that I will get posted soon).
Sweet and delicious, I'll definitely be making them again.
I think these slow cooker carrots would be good with orange marmalade—or apricot jam—instead of apple jelly too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Glazed Carrots?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 104 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Substitute orange marmalade or apricot preserves for the apple jelly.
If you've made this Apple Glazed Carrots, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Carrots with Apple Glaze Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup apple jelly
- 1-½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 Quart.
- Put the carrots and apple juice in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or on LOW for 3 to 4 hours (or until carrots are tender).
- Sometime during the last 45 minutes or so of cooking, once the carrots are tender, stir in the apple jelly and mustard mixture. Continue to cook until steaming hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This brief video shows how to make another type of slow cooker carrots - Crock Pot Cinnamon Brown Sugar Carrots:
If you like these Apple Glazed Slow Cooker Carrots you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Curried Carrot Soup
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Onions
- Slow Cooker Roasted Broccoli
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!