Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Carrots with Apple Glaze
Here’s an easy side dish with only 4-ingredients that will help jazz up any meal.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Carrots with Apple Glaze
These slow cooker carrots with apple glaze were a big hit when I recently served them alongside a yummy crock pot beer braised beef (that I will get posted soon).
Sweet and delicious, I’ll definitely be making them again.
I think these slow cooker carrots would be good with orange marmalade—or apricot jam—instead of apple jelly too.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 104 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Slow Cooker Apple Glazed Carrots Recipe Variations:
Substitute orange marmalade or apricot preserves for the apple jelly.
If you’ve made these Apple Glazed Carrots, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Slow Cooker Carrots with Apple Glaze Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 Quart.
- Put the carrots and apple juice in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or on LOW for 3 to 4 hours (or until carrots are tender).
- Sometime during the last 45 minutes or so of cooking, once the carrots are tender, stir in the apple jelly and mustard mixture. Continue to cook until steaming hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This brief video shows how to make another type of slow cooker carrots – Crock Pot Cinnamon Brown Sugar Carrots:
If you like these Apple Glazed Slow Cooker Carrots you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Curried Carrot Soup
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Onions
- Slow Cooker Roasted Broccoli
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!