WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Tuna & White Bean Salad
(180 calories | 3 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Tuna and white beans are one of my go to no-cook lunch options. It’s quick, easy, healthy and delicious and so very versatile.
So, this Weight Watchers friendly healthy tuna and white bean salad seems like the perfect choice for The Recipe ReDux’s “Beat the Summer Heat with No Cook Meals” Challenge.
I’ve just joined the Recipe ReDux, a recipe challenge founded by a group of registered dietitians, which focuses on dishes that are both delicious and nutritious.
Girls after my own heart, dietitians Regan Jones, Serena Ball and Deanna Segrave-Daly, share the philosophy that healthier eating should always taste delicious.
The mission of Recipe ReDux is to “Inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover.”
Amen to that!
My version of tuna and white beans combines the best from recipes in two of my favorite cookbooks: the 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury and Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook .
One to rarely follow a recipe exactly, I tweaked it a bit to make it my own.
Skinny on Tuna and White Bean Salad
Each time I make this simple no-cook salad, it turns out a little different, depending on what’s in the pantry/fridge.
Experiment with what you like and have on hand to make it your own.
Additional ingredients that would be tasty in this simple tuna and white bean salad include capers, tomatoes, green onion and olives.
You can enjoy this tuna and white bean salad so many ways. It’s wonderful just as it is. Or on a bed of greens. Or stuffed into an avocado half or tomato. Or as a topping for bruschetta…
Serve it as a light lunch or dinner along with thinly sliced garden fresh tomatoes, crusty french bread and a glass of chilled white wine.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in this WW friendly Version of Tuna and White Beans?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 180 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy, healthy recipe for Tuna & White Bean Salad, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers Friendly salad recipes including Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad, Classic Macaroni Salad Made Lighter, Greek Turkey Feta Mason Jar Salad, WW Chicken & Quinoa Salad and Enlightened Ham & Peas Pasta Salad
If you’ve made this White Bean Tuna Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Friendly Tuna & White Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar for fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) water packed light tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, if using
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, and mustard, if using and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, beans, celery, onion, pepper, parsley and rosemary if using. Add the dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss gently again.
Recipe Sources: the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook and 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Tuna Recipes You Might Like
- Tuna Cheddar Chowder
- Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
- Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Easy Healthy Tuna Nicoise Salad for Two
- Easy Healthy English Muffin Tuna Melt for Two
- Summer Tuna & White Bean Salad for Two
- Cambell’s Tuna Noodle Casserole Made Lighter
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!