I was craving comfort food yesterday, so made this slow cooker tuna noodle casserole for supper. Both Rod and I are big fans of creamy casseroles, so this was a winner with us.
How Many Calories/Weight Watchers Points in this Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole?
According to my calculations each generous 1-cup serving has 300 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe Notes
I used the classic tuna noodle casserole recipe from my childhood, made a few substitutions to lighten it and adapted it for the slow cooker.
You could bulk this up with the addition of a wide variety of vegetables – sliced mushrooms, corn, mixed vegetables, chopped broccoli, spinach, etc.
Served with a simple green salad, to which I added a chopped ripe pear, the combination of flavors and textures made for a satisfying meal. I’ll definitely make this slow cooker tuna noodle casserole again the next time a comfort food craving strikes. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 2 cups no-yolk egg noodles
- 1 can 10.75 ounces fat free cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 cans 5 ounces each tuna in water, drained well
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Paprika for garnish if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 Quart
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions, until just a little underdone. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the soup and milk until well blended and creamy. Stir in the well drained tuna, cheese, parsley and salt and pepper until well combined. Add the noodles and toss gently to combine.
- Scrape the mixture evenly into your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally if possible.
- Twenty minutes before the end of cooking time, stir in the peas and reduce heat to LOW.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika, if desired, before serving.
Optional toppings: Sprinkle on top, just before serving, if desired:
Crushed potato chips, cornflake crumbs or cracker crumbs Optional additions and variations:
Use short curly fusilli pasta instead of noodles
Cream of celery soup in place of cream of mushroom
6 ounces sliced and drained canned mushrooms or cooked mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
Source: adapted from Back of the Box Gourmet
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker tuna noodle casserole recipe you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!