Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
I’ve been making green bean casserole, the classic one from Campbell’s with cream of mushroom soup, soy sauce and french fried onions, for years.
And not just at holiday time.
But I didn’t make it for Thanksgiving this year.
There was too much other food.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
I waited until this week to make a slow cooker green bean casserole so we could enjoy it.
You knew it had to be a slow cooker green bean casserole, right?
Making a green bean casserole in my crock pot was another first.
To change things up even more, I used fresh green beans and mushrooms and went light with the french fried onions.
I didn’t add milk, the mushrooms and green beans gave off plenty of liquid.
I think the best thing about this slow cooker green bean casserole is that the green beans manage to retain a bit of crunch.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 110 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 SmartPoints.
This AllRecipes video shows another way to make slow cooker green bean casserole:
WW Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans (about 4 cups)
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2-Quart.
- Coat your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Wash and trim green beans. Cut them into even lengths and toss into the slow cooker.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Trim the stems. Cut into slices and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the soup, soy sauce, black pepper and 1/2 cup fried onions and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, until the green beans have reached their desired tenderness.
- Remove the cover, turn off the slow cooker and sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup onions. Let sit, uncovered for 10 minutes.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker green bean casserole, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!