WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
I've been making green bean casserole, the classic one from Campbell's with cream of mushroom soup, soy sauce and french fried onions, for years.
And not just at holiday time.
But I didn't make it for Thanksgiving this year.
There was too much other food.
Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe Notes
I waited until this week to make a slow cooker green bean casserole so we could enjoy it.
You knew it had to be a slow cooker green bean casserole, right?
Making a green bean casserole in my crock pot was another first.
To change things up even more, I used fresh green beans and mushrooms and went light with the french fried onions.
I didn't add milk, the mushrooms and green beans gave off plenty of liquid.
I think the best thing about this slow cooked green bean casserole is that the green beans manage to retain a bit of crunch.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Casserole?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 110 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this lightened up Green Bean Casserole, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
WW Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans (about 4 cups)
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-¾ ounces) fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2-Quart.
- Coat your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Wash and trim green beans. Cut them into even lengths and toss into the slow cooker.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Trim the stems. Cut into slices and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the soup, soy sauce, black pepper and ½ cup fried onions and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, until the green beans have reached their desired tenderness.
- Remove the cover, turn off the slow cooker and sprinkle on the remaining ½ cup onions. Let sit, uncovered for 10 minutes.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This AllRecipes video shows another way to make slow cooker green bean casserole:
If you like this green bean casserole, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans in Miso Sesame Sauce
- Slow Cooker Acorn Squash with Mango Chutney
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!