Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crocking’ Girls Healthy Mess
I received a link to this recipe for “Healthy Mess” from the Crockin’ Girls in my email this morning and realized it was perfect for us Weight Watchers and easily adapted to Simply Filling.
Healthy eating isn’t always easy, but your slow cooker can make it a whole lot quicker and easier.
What I think we all need are more quick and easy healthy slow cooker recipes in our arsenal, like this one from the Crockin’ Girls.
Photo Credit: Crockin’ Girls
This healthy dish isn’t going to win any beauty contests, but it makes up for all that by providing a healthy, fresh and delicious meal for minimal effort!
Skinny on Crockin’ Girls Healthy Mess Recipe
To make this dish more flavorful, I’d season the chicken breasts with one of the packages of dry Italian dressing seasoning (or whatever seasoning your prefer) before adding them to the slow cooker.
I’d go lighter on the olive oil (which I did in the recipe below), especially to make it work with Simply Filling.
According to my calculations, each generous serving has 189 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint.
If you like this Slow Cooker Healthy Mess recipe, be sure to check out some of my easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Easy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken, Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken, Easy Peasy Slow Cooker Pot Roast, Slow Cooker Five Spice Chicken and 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Italian Beef
Watch the Video for Crockin’ Girls Healthy Mess Recipe
Crocking' Girls Healthy Mess Slow Cooker Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 sweet onion, chunked
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chunked
- 1 zucchini, chunked
- 2 packets dry Italian dressing seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Minced garlic, to taste
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half with pulp and seeds removed
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart or larger.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle it with one of the packages of dry Italian dressing seasoning.
- Add the chopped onion, carrots, cabbage, yellow squash and zucchini. Add minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir to coat the vegetables with the oil and seasonings.
- Snuggle the spaghetti squash, cut-side down, into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Carefully remove the hot spaghetti squash. You should be able to shred chicken in the slow cooker and mix it in with the vegetables.
- Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash creating spaghetti-like noodles and stir back into chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Taste and add salt and pepper and any other seasoning to taste.
Source: The Crockin’ Girls
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Quick & Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
If you’re finding that cooking in the crock pot is becoming your thing, like it is mine, you might consider upgrading your slow cooker to the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, which is easy-to-use and super-sized for family-meals or the Cuisinart3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker if you’re cooking for one or two (perfect for a half batch of this WW Simply Filling recipe).
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!