(Easy Healthy Crock Pot Recipe #213 – Easy 4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli)
I had several readers ask about using alfredo sauce instead of marinara in the easy slow cooker Italian chicken. I thought it was a brilliant idea and decided to give it a try.
To bump up the nutrition further and make this 4 – Ingredient slow cooker chicken alfredo with broccoli a complete meal in a bowl, I added several cups of broccoli florets.
It was a hit!
Everyone knows this time of year can be challenging. The thermometer is dropping and you naturally long for warm and satisfying comfort food.
Plus, the days are short. And the weather is cool.
The season of never ending string of Christmas and New Years parties all tax your willpower and endanger your waistline.
Thankfully Eat Stop Eat actually gives you the freedom to indulge in those joyful treats while still losing weight and experiencing growing energy and health.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
Using light alfredo sauce instead of regular saves a ton of fat and calories. I used the refrigerated kind, but jarred should be okay too. The sauce thinned out a lot during cooking but was fine once I tossed it with the pasta and broccoli.
According to my calculations each serving has 331 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 container (10 ounces) refrigerated light alfredo sauce (I used Buitoni)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups (4 ounces) penne pasta
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces
- Place in the slow cooker
- Pour in the jar of sauce
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, adding the broccoli to the water during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Stir together the pasta and broccoli and chicken and alfredo. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan, if desired.
*PointsPlus® for chicken alfredo with broccoli calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked chicken alfredo with broccoli you might also like:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.