I’m a huge fan of my slow cooker(s). They’re a kitchen lifesaver for busy home cooks trying to eat healthier.
So, I’m always on the lookout for easy healthy slow cooker recipes to make and/or share here on Simple Nourished Living.
Imagine how happy I was to run across this collection of 50 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes compiled by the lovely Sarah at The Magical Slow Cooker, who recently released her first cookbook, The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms.
Photo Credit: The Magical Slow Cooker
These healthy slow cooker recipes from Sarah and her blogger friends are perfect when you’re wanting to cook a little lighter and healthier.
Cooking healthy doesn’t mean sacrificing flavor, as these recipes so clearly illustrate. She’s even included a mouth-watering photo with each recipe link.
The only bummer if you’re following Weight Watchers is that most of the recipes don’t have nutritional details needed to track SmartPoints or PointsPlus. You can always use the WW Recipe Builder.
Some of the recipes on the list will also work with Weight Watchers Simply Filling.
Recipes from this list of 50 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes I can’t wait to try include:
- Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup from Baked by Rachel
- General Tso’s Slow Cooker Pork Tacos with Orange Broccoli Slaw from The Snappy Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Blackberry Chicken from Melanie Makes (This works with Simply Filling if you skip the brown sugar)
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos from The Magical Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili from Cook Like a Champion
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wraps from The Magical Slow Cooker (This chicken works with Simply Filling)
- 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Tacos from Two Healthy Kitchens (This chicken works with Simply Filling)
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chocolate Fudge Cake from Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Skinny Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork from Six Sisters’s Stuff
Slow Cooking Tools You Might Want to Check Out:
For more super simple recipes for your crock pot, you can check out Sarah’s cookbook, The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms.
If you’re finding that cooking in the crock pot is becoming your thing, like it is mine, you might consider upgrading your slow cooker to the Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, which is easy-to-use and super-sized for family meals or the Cuisinart3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker if you’re cooking for one or two.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!