WW Recipe of the Day: 5-Ingredient Low Calorie Lemon Pepper Meatballs
(194 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
It’s that time of year when my husband and I are trying to lose a few pounds. We both tend to be in the habit of walking in the door famished and grabbing the first thing in sight, which is usually chips.
To help us make smarter choices, I try to have quick and easy vegetable and protein options available—ready to just grab and eat—like these easy, healthy, Low Calorie Lemon Pepper Meatballs made with ground turkey. With just 5 ingredients they come together in a snap.
And I’ve moved the chips to a cabinet in the garage! Out of sight, out of mind is proving to be very effective, just link Brian Wansink teaches in his sensational book – Mindless Eating.
Now when we open the refrigerator, we can easily find washed and chopped vegetables, hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, or some type of protein like these low calorie meatballs. All they need is a quick warming in the microwave or you can even eat them cold.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Lemon Pepper Meatballs?
According to my calculations, each 4-meatball serving has 194 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
How to Make Low Calorie Meatballs
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, add the ground turkey, breadcrumbs and lemon pepper seasoning.
Step 3: In a separate small bowl , whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest (if using) and eggs.
Step 4: Add lemon juice mixture to turkey and gently fold all ingredients together until blended. Using a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon), shape turkey into meatballs. Place about 22 meatballs on each prepared sheet pan and baked for 17 to 22 minutes, until fully cooked and golden brown.
Lemon Pepper Turkey Meatballs Recipe Notes
I used a small cookie scoop (approximately a tablespoon size) to form the meatballs which really speeds up the process and eliminates the need to roll them.
I like this low calorie ground turkey recipe, but if you prefer you could use any type of ground meat – chicken, pork or beef.
To make these meatballs gluten-free or Paleo friendly, just use shredded zucchini or any other type of squash or ground nuts in place of the bread crumbs.
Low Calorie Lemon Pepper Meatball Serving Suggestions:
- Serve meatballs with a baked sweet potato and roasted Brussels sprouts.
- Add to a pita along with lettuce, tomato, and a pickle. Top with tzatziki.
- Serve turkey meatballs alongside rice and a greek salad.
- Keep a serving (4 meatballs) in a small ziplock baggie for a “grab and go” healthy snack.
Leftover Ideas for Lemon Pepper Meatballs
- Make a delicious low calorie soup by adding them to chicken broth, lemon juice, orzo and fresh spinach.
- Sauté several diced meatballs along with chopped red pepper and potato, add 4-6 beaten eggs to make a delicious frittata.
- Freeze them to use later.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these low carb Lemon Pepper Meatballs, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Lemon Pepper Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plain (gluten-free or regular)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (optional to add the zest of lemon)
- 4 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 eggs beaten
- Preheat over to 350F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease pans and set aside.
- Add ground turkey to a large mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs and lemon pepper seasoning over turkey.
- In a separate small bowl add lemon juice (and zest, if using) and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Add lemon juice mixture to the turkey bowl. Use your hands to gently fold all ingredients until blended.
- Use a small cookie scoop or shape a tablespoon of turkey into meatballs. Place approximately 22 meatballs per prepared sheet pan.
- Cook for 17-20 minutes until meatballs are golden brown.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you enjoy these low calorie Lemon Pepper Turkey Meatballs, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker French Onion Meatballs
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- Skinny Slow Cooker Porcupine Meatballs
- WW Spaghetti & Chicken Meatballs
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!