I have a long history of becoming evangelical about things I find helpful. Yoga, Juicing, Weight Watchers, Slow Cooking, Essential Oils, Intermittent Fasting to name a few. From books like Mindless Eating to favorite yoga DVDs for low back pain, when I find something that benefits me I'm excited to pass on my discoveries.
My most recent revelation is meditation. After decades of sporadic attempts, I've now been meditating for 15-minutes a day for over six months. I'm hooked. It's helped with focus, anxiety, and stress. I feel calmer and better able to manage cravings. I'm feeling stronger mentally, which in my mind is 95% of the weight loss challenge.
According to WebMd, Meditation doesn't replace diet, exercise, and following your doctor's guidelines for weight loss and better blood pressure. But it can support those positive changes, if you do it with patience and commitment.
The key to my success was to keep it simple and start small, which is where 5 Minute Meditation (affiliate link) by Lisa Shea comes in, a free eBook on mindfulness, stress relief and focus for absolute beginners.
5 Minute Meditation by Lisa Shea Book Summary
This is my book summary of 5 Minute Meditation by Lisa Shea
My notes are an unstructured mix of quotes from the book and my own thoughts.
- We've seen all the studies. Meditation helps with focus. With relieving stress. With warding off Alzheimer's, reducing colds, and improving nearly every aspect of life.
- This FREE eBook is a super short primer to help you begin realizing the many benefits of meditation in just 5 minutes a day.
- It explains exactly what you need to get started with meditation. It offers a variety of ways for you to meditate (walking, lying, sitting) so you can find one that works for you.
- The chapters are short, very direct and explanations are super simple. Written with clarity and humor.
- Lisa has been meditating since she was a teenager. She knows the challenges and how to get past them, explaining what to do and what you can expect.
- Meditation is simply the conscious act of quieting the mind and training it to focus.
- As you commit it will get easier.
- Be patient and trust the process.
- Focus on making it comfortable.
- You'll need a timer
- This book is perfect for folks who believe they are too busy to meditate or who are ready to get started in a quick and easy way.
Get the Book: 5 Minute Meditation (affiliate link) by Lisa Shea.
More Book Suggestions for You
- Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink
- 7 Best Healthy Weight Loss Books
- 10 Habits That Mess Up a Woman's Diet
- The Slow Down Diet: Eating for Pleasure, Energy & Weight Loss
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply