I'm a creature of habit. I don't change course quickly or easily. Ask anyone who knows me well.
I also like to stick with what I know, what I feel competent doing.
So, here on Simple Nourished Living for the past several years I've been sharing topics I'm comfortable with: healthy cooking, Weight Watchers friendly recipes, basic weight loss tips, with the occasional yoga article, product and book review.
I'd found a comfortable rhythm and everything was good.
The Essential Oil Wave
Then in February something unexpected happened. Peter and I attended our first bloggers conference and got caught up in this huge Essential Oils wave.
Since we got back I've been experimenting with essential oils, incorporating them into my daily life:
- breathing in peppermint oil first thing in the morning to energize me,
- rubbing peppermint and frankincense oil onto my feet early in the day,
- diffusing citrus oil into the air to lift my spirits,
- adding lemon oil to my water to make it taste better and take advantage of all its health properties,
- rubbing oil into achey joints/muscles,
- adding grapefruit oil to my water to alleviate cravings and regulate metabolism,
- dabbing oil onto my wrists each morning. It's supposed to interact with the unique individual chemistry of each person to create a unique fragrance designed to to impart beauty, femininity and allure. (Who doesn't want more beauty, femininity and allure at this age?)
- rubbing lavender onto the bottoms of our feet to support restful sleep.
And I'm really just getting started. There are so many oils I want to begin experimenting with, especially in the kitchen.
I haven't been this excited in a very long time because I believe that essential oils align so well with what I believe about health and wellness.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!