WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Caribbean Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
Here is an easy way to deliver a flavor-packed meal using easy-to-find ingredients.
I love stir-fried dishes, but typically only have them in restaurants. After some flavorless flops, I've steered clear of making them at home. It's the sauce that always seems to be lacking the right flavor or consistency.
When I first read this recipe I'll be honest, I thought tomatoes, pineapple and barbecue sauce sounded like an awful combination.
Boy was I shocked. Not only was it edible, but everyone thought it was delicious. Better even than some restaurant meals.
If you're like me and think "no way" when you read this recipe, please give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised. This has become my "go to" sauce, and I always have the three simple ingredients in my pantry.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Shrimp Stir-Fry?
According to my calculations, each serving has 238 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make Caribbean Shrimp Stir Fry with Mixed Vegetables
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Step 3: Add shrimp, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Sauté 2-3 minutes or until pink and just starting to curl. Remove the shrimp to a bowl.
Step 4: Add the fresh vegetables to the warm pan along with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir fry 4-5 minutes.
Step 5: Add the tomatoes, pineapple and barbecue sauce . Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Continue to cook 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are done to your liking.
Step 6: Return shrimp to the pan. Stir to coat. Turn off heat and let shrimp warm 1-2 minutes.
- I used fresh carrots, green beans, celery and peppers. Make it your way and use your favorite fresh vegetables.
- The amount of water released from the vegetables will impact the sauce thickness.
- If you like your sauce thicker, remove 2 tablespoons to a bowl. Add 1-2 teaspoons of cornstarch or arrowroot. Whisk to remove all lumps and return the mixture to the pan. Stir to combine with the rest of the sauce.
- The protein can be changed to chicken, pork or even tofu.
- Leave the vegetables out and serve them steamed on the side.
- Like it hot, just use hot barbecue sauce or add a few hot peppers.
- Substitute frozen vegetables, just don't include the 2 tablespoons of water.
Caribbean Shrimp and Veggies Serving Suggestions
- Serve with rice or riced cauliflower.
- Enjoy it alongside a baked sweet potato.
- Have it over sweet potato or summer squash zoodles.
- Pair with black, white or pinto beans.
Ways to Use Shrimp Stir-Fry Leftovers
- Use a low-carb tortilla to make a flavorful wrap.
- Use it to top a baked potato.
- Add it to cooked ramen.
- Turn it into a pizza. Top each half of a toasted English muffin and sprinkle with cheese. Warm it in the microwave or under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
If you've made this Caribbean Shrimp and Veggie Stir-Fry, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Caribbean Shrimp and Vegetables Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups fresh chopped vegetables
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (14-½ ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Saute 2-3 minutes or until pink and just starting to curl. Remove the shrimp to a bowl.
- Add the fresh vegetables to the warm pan along with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir fry 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, pineapple and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Continue to cook 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are done to your liking.
- Return shrimp to the pan. Stir to coat. Turn off heat and let shrimp warm 1-2 minutes.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Stir Fry Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Pioneer Woman Shrimp Stir Fry for 2 Made Lighter
- WW Broccoli Beef Stir Fry
- Favorite WW Skillet and Stir Fry Recipes
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!