WW Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
(165 calories | 2 0 0 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Stir-fries can be a glorious combination of health AND flavor. There’s really only one trick to success with them. Be prepared! Have all the ingredients measured out and ready to add as needed.
For this chicken stir-fry dinner, it’s easy. Cube the meat, combine the liquids, prepare the asparagus and stir-fry everything until done, which takes less than 10 minutes.
Cornstarch is traditionally used to thicken this dish, however I used arrowroot powder instead.
Originally it was a medicinal herb meant to heal wounds from arrows! Now I find arrowroot a perfect and lighter way to thicken sauces, but if you don’t have it cornstarch will work just as well instead.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chicken and Asparagus Dish?
According to my calculations, each serving has 165 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Low-Fat Chicken Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe Notes
Asparagus. To peel? I used to always do this, however now I’m happy just to chop off about 2-inches of the stem of the asparagus and cut the rest into 2-inch pieces.
Cut the stalks on the diagonal for an authentic Asian look.
Welcome additions and variations to this stir-fry include sliced red bell peppers, chopped mushrooms and green onions.
How to Serve Chicken Stir-Fry with Asparagus
- Serve with white rice, or brown rice. To keep it low carb, serve with riced cauliflower.
- Serve with Vermicelli rice noodles or pasta.
- Serve stir fry over or alongside baked sweet potatoes.
- Serve alongside this healthy Asian spaghetti squash salad.
Ways to Use Chicken Stir-Fry Leftovers
Often times leftovers can be a little dreary. In this case, this easily reheats for a quick lunch. Make sure to tightly cover it before microwaving for 30-45 seconds, depending on the unit.
If you’ve made this Low Fat Chicken Stir-Fry with Asparagus, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Fat Chicken and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, arrowroot, soy sauce and broth.
- Process the ginger and garlic to a paste in a food processor, or by hand.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken pieces and cook until all sides turn a light white color.
- Remove chicken to a plate and add the ginger-garlic paste to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus to skillet and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice mixture, add the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the asparagus is crisp yet tender.
- Serve immediately.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this chicken stir-fry, you might also like:
- Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry for Two
- Ham and Vegetable Fried Rice
- WW Friendly Beef and Broccoli
- Ground Pork Stir-Fry with Green Beans
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!