WW Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
(87 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Easy cake mix cookies, like these easy chocolate crinkles, are easy to make and delicious. Nobody would ever guess they come a cake mix!
I've been making easy cakes from boxed cake mix for years but had no idea how fun and easy it was to make cookies with cake mix until recently.
The Skinny on Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
How did I discover cake mix cookies? It all began out of necessity.
Wanting a festive chocolate cookie to add to my holiday cookie plates and being short on time, I decided to modify my favorite chocolate crinkle cookies recipe by using a cake mix.
I turned to the The Cake Mix Doctor , adapting the recipe for double-chocolate chewies - chilling the dough before rolling it by teaspoonfuls in confectioner's sugar.
They were incredibly easy! And the taste? Everyone loved them. In fact, several people who received my plates of Christmas Cookies commented that they liked the chocolate ones best!
These cake mix chocolate crinkle/crackles are still one of my favorites.
According to my calculations, each cookie has about 87 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you enjoy these easy chocolate cake mix cookies, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies, Orangesicle Cookie Mix Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts, Kahlua White Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix Cookies and 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Cookies
If you've made these Chocolate Crackles, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain devil's food cake mix
- ⅓ cup water or room temperature coffee
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar, for rolling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, water or coffee, melted butter, and egg with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure all ingredients are well combined, then beat on medium speed for 1 more minute. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is well chilled, at least 4 hours.
- When you are ready to bake your cookies, position an oven rack in the middle and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Alternatively grease cookie sheets with shortening or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place confectioner's sugar in a shallow dish. Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls into the confectioner's sugar and roll in sugar to coat as you shape them into balls. Place on lined cookie sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies 10 to 12 minutes, until they are set but still slightly soft in the center. Do not over-bake.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let the cookies rest on the cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer the cookies with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: For snowier looking cookies, dip them in confectioner's sugar again once they are cool.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Brownies
- Easy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Brownie Bites
- How to Make Cookies from Cake Mix
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!