I love quick and easy dessert recipes, don't you? I used to be willing to spend all day baking in the kitchen, but not so much any more, so I'm always on the lookout for ways to make cooking and baking easy and delicious.
Here's another great idea for taking something really easy - a box of brownie mix - and dressing it up to make it special. These are brownies that I cut with round cutter and then topped with ganache and a fresh raspberries.
Ganache is one of those things that sounds complicated but is really simple. It's just a combination of hot cream and chocolate stirred together until smooth and shiny. Sometimes a little butter is added for extra shininess.
Cooking Notes & Substitutions
Talk about transforming a plain pan of brownies into an impressive easy dessert recipe that will have your friends swooning! I got the idea from Betty Crocker, when I wanted a nice dessert to take to my friend Nancy, who invited us for dinner recently, but didn't have the time or inclination to spend hours in the kitchen. (I could have picked up something at the store, but I think desserts baked at home taste so much better than most anything you buy already made.)
Betty calls them ganache topped brownie bites. She suggests you mix up a box of brownie mix and bake them in 48 mini muffin cups, which I didn't have. So I mixed up the box of brownies according to the package directions and then baked them in a 9x13-inch pan and cut them into rounds. (You could also cut them into squares which would be even easier.)
If you prefer you could always begin with your favorite scratch brownies too, which would be even better.
I'm not even going to try to pretend that this particularly WW friendly, which is why I love the WW program. Nothing is off limits provided you adjust for it ? And occasional indulgences like this are even less of an issue now that I've committed to Intermittent Fasting!
If you've made this Easy Brownie Mix Ganache Topped Brownies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Ganache Topped Brownies Recipe
- 1 box chocolate brownies, baked according to the package instructions (I live Betty Crocker and Ghirardelli brands)
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or your favorite dark chocolate, chopped (6 ounces)
- Fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over low heat to just below boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Set aside until the mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- While the ganache cools, cut the cooled brownies into desired shape with a knife or small cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Spoon the chocolate ganache mixture onto each brownie and garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
More Easy & Delicious Brownie Recipes
- Easy Slow Cooker Brownie Mix Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Outrageous Oreo Brownies
- Easy Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- Skinny 2-Ingredient Black Bean Brownies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply