Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Kahlua White Chocolate Chunk Brownie Cookies
I made a batch of Kahlua White Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix Cookies recently when I wanted a quick and easy sweet treat to take to a backyard birthday party.
These rich and delicious chewy chocolate-espresso-Kahlua brownie mix cookies with chunks of white chocolate filled the bill perfectly.
They are both incredibly easy (because they begin with a box of brownie mix) and delicious.
I found the recipe in a fun cookbook, The Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book: More Than 800 Scrumptious Recipes that Start with Refrigerated Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, Brownie Mix, or Ready-to-Eat Cereal by Camilla Saulsbury.
Skinny on Chocolate Brownie Mix Cookies
Because I don’t like too much icing and to save a few calories, I only made a half batch of the Kahlua coffee icing called for and gave the cookies just a little drizzle, which was more than enough.
Each two-cooking serving has 186 calories and *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, but you may find that they are so delicious, you only need one to satisfy your chocolate craving.
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, each two-cookie serving now has *10 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Kahlua Brownie Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Kahlua White Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix Cookies
For the Cookies
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) Kahlua or other coffee liquor (I used Patron XO Cafe)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffe or espresso powder
- 1 package (about 20 ounces) brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 4 ounces white chocolate baking bar, chopped into small chunks
For the Kahlua Coffee Icing
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Kahlua or other coffee liquor
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted to remove lumps
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line the cookie sheets with silicone mats or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the Kahlua and coffee powder until dissolved. Add the brownie mix, melted butter, and egg and stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened and everything is well blended. Stir in the white chocolate chunks.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven until the edges are set and the center is just barely set when lightly touched, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for about 1 minute on the cookie sheets and then transfer the with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough, being sure that your cookie sheets are completely cooled before using them. (I sometimes run the backs of the cookie sheets under cold water to speed up the process.)
Make the Kahlua Icing:
- In a small bowl, combine the coffee liqueur, espresso powder, water, vanilla, and pinch of salt in a medium bowl until dissolved.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth. Add more water a little at a time, if necessary, to achieve a nice drizzling consistency.
- When the cookies are completely cool drizzle them with a little Kahlua icing.
- Makes 48 cookies.
Source: Slightly adapted from The Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book: More Than 800 Scrumptious Recipes that Start with Refrigerated Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, Brownie Mix, or Ready-to-Eat Cereal by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these brownie mix cookies you might also like
- Chocolate Topped Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Bars
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Espresso
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!