What do you get when you layer brownie batter atop blondie cookie dough and bake?
Chocolate chip cookie bar brownies 😉
You could always reverse the layers, if you wanted, but the blondie batter will be thicker, so you might just need to drop it by tablespoons evenly over the brownie batter.
This easy cookie recipe is a delicious way to satisfy both blondie lovers and brownie lovers at the same time!
I’ve got two versions of these rich delicious cookie bar brownies for you – one from scratch and an easier version that uses packages of chocolate chip cookie and chocolate brownie mix.
Blondie Brownies Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Yield: 1 (9×13-inch) pan
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt1 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs
1. Position one of your oven racks in the middle and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. To make the blondes, in a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt and then set it aside.
3. In another larger bowl beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer, until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture, just until it is well blended, then stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
4. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan and then set the pan aside while you make the brownie batter.
5. To make the brownies, in a small bowl (affiliate link), stir together the flour baking soda and salt and then set it aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the chocolate chips and vanilla.
7. In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and water and then bring the mixture to a boil, over medium-high heat, stirring often. As soon as it comes to a boil, pour it over the chocolate chips and stir until they are melted. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring to mix well after each addition. Stir in the flour mixture just until it is blended, then pour the mixture over the blonde mixture into the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly.
8. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with just moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. (Don’t over bake!) Remove the pan from the oven and set it on a wire rack to cool. When they are cool, cut your blonde brownie cookie bars into squares and enjoy.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Brownies Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
Yield: 1 (9×13-inch) baking pan
This is an easier version of the above recipe that uses a box of brownie mix and package of chocolate chip cookie mix so it’s super easy.
1 box (19 to 22 ounce) brownie mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 large eggs
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar (Blondie) Ingredients
1 package (1 lb 1.5 oz) chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1. Position on of your oven’s racks in the middle and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom only of a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, grease with shortening, or for easiest cleanup line the pan with foil and grease the foil.
2. Make the brownies. In a large mixing bowl stir together the brownie mix, oil, water and 2 eggs as directed on the box. Spread the brownie batter evenly into prepared pan and set the pan aside while you mix up the chocolate chip cookie dough.
3. In another large mixing bowl, stir together the brownie mix, butter and 1 egg as directed on the box. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter and then press it down lightly.
4. Bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and cool it on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes and then cut into desired size blonde brownie cookie bars.
Adapted from Betty Crocker
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Date Squares – An easy homemade date bars recipe from my Nana’s recipe file. Of course, it goes without saying that this is a sweet treat for people who like dates.
Outrageous Oreo Brownies – Do you like rich brownies? Do you like Oreos? Do you like the sound of combining them into over-the-top outrageous brownies? If you answered yes, you’ll want to give these outrageous oreo brownies a try.
Butterscotch Blondies – Butterscotch blondies are one of my all time favorites. This versatile bar cookie is perfect when you want the consistency of a brownie without the flavor of chocolate. In addition to being sweet, flavorful, and chewy, they stir together in minutes with ingredients that are usually readily available in the pantry.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!