Today I'm sharing a quick and easy recipe for one. These healthy buffalo chicken wraps come together in minutes, provided you have leftover cooked/shredded chicken on hand. They're a great way to use leftover rotisserie chicken, one of my favorite WW friendly ingredients for staying on track.
If you're looking for a healthy low calorie way to enjoy the flavors of buffalo chicken wings, this wrap is for you.
How Many Calories & WW Points in Chicken Wings?
Buffalo chicken wings are my husbands all-time favorite food. He thought an order of 10 wings was a low-carb healthy lunch. Boy was he shocked to learn the amount of fat and calories they contained.
Restaurant buffalos wings often have the skin still on, are deep fried and then coated with a fat-laden Buffalo sauce. The USDA National Nutrient Database puts fried chicken wings without sauce at roughly 103 calories each. Hooter's wings are estimated to have more than 170 calories each.
According to the WW App, one chicken bone-in, skin on chicken wing has 6 SmartPoints!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Buffalo Chicken Wrap?
According to my calculations, each wrap has 210 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
What is the Best WW Low Point Tortilla?
There are many brands of low carb tortillas to choose from. With 50 calories, 11g fiber and just 1 SmartPoint (green, blue, purple) Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortillas are my current favorite. They taste good and I can I get them at Walmart.
How to Make Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Wrap
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Place the shredded chicken in a bowl.
Add the wing sauce and stir together.
Step 3: Place the tortilla in a nonstick skillet at medium-high heat.
Step 4: Sprinkle the blue cheese
and chicken over the center of the tortilla. Heat for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Step 5: Remove heated tortilla from the skillet
and top with remaining ingredients.
Step 6: Gently fold to create wrap.
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe Notes
If you're in a hurry, skip the skillet and and just heat the chicken topped tortilla in the microwave .
Replace the ranch with your favorite low-fat dressing, or skip the dressing all together and use a little more hot sauce.
If you don’t care for blue cheese replace it with feta, mozzarella, or your favorite blend.
What Should I Serve with this Chicken Wrap?
- Serve wrap with crispy carrot and celery sticks.
- Enjoy with a few baked, or reduced-fat, potato chips.
- Pair sandwich with a simple green salad.
If you've made this Buffalo Blue Wrap with Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- ½ cup shredded chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons hot wing sauce (I like Frank's)
- 1 8-inch high fiber, low carb tortilla (such as Ole Xtreme Wellness)
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- ⅔ cup romaine lettuce (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons low fat ranch dressing
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl. Add the wing sauce and stir together.
- Place the tortilla in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese and chicken over the center of the tortilla. Heat for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove heated tortilla from the skillet and top with remaining ingredients.
- Gently fold to create wrap.
Recipe source: Eat What You Love Quick & Easy by Marlene Koch
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Wrap, you might also like
- More Quick & Easy WW Friendly Recipes for One
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Pear Blue Cheese Sandwich
- Easy Egg Salad Tartines
- Crispy Pickle Juice Chicken Tenders
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!