doTERRA’s peppermint oil was the second one I experienced and fell in love with (right after wild orange). Considered the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils because of it’s usefulness and versatility, I thought it would be helpful and fun to create a list of 50 or more ways to use it…
50+ Ways to Use Peppermint Essential Oil
1. Put a drop on your tongue for fresh breath.
2. Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
3. Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
4. Add a drop to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
5. Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
6. Breathe in to support concentration and alertness.
7. Don’t forget to get creative with your water, too! Add one drop of Peppermint with a cut fruit for a deliciously infused water. Peppermint oil makes a healthy addition to any drink because it helps promote healthy respiratory function and clear breathing, and by adding doTERRA Peppermint oil to the drink of your choice, you are encouraging healthy respiratory function in your body* while simultaneously adding a delicious flavor to your drinks.
8. Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
9. Diffuse mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
10. Inhale or rub a drop on your abdomen to soothe minor tummy troubles. It helps reduce bloating and gas.*
12. Add 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil to your regular morning shampoo and conditioner to stimulate the scalp, energize your mind, and wake up!
13. Peppermint oil has calming effects on skin inflammation. You can mix peppermint oil into lip balm and body lotion for a nice cooling sensation.
14. Peppermint oil can hydrate burnt skin and support discomfort from sunburns.
15. Soothe your tootsies with this Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion.
18. Make Peppermint Black Bean Brownies.
20. 25 Top Peppermint Oil Uses & Benefits (Dr. Axe)
22. Make Peppermint Essential Oil Lip Balm.
23. Make Peppermint Chocolates during the holidays or anytime you want a refreshing treat.
24. Try this Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe.
25. Make a Chocolate Mint Maca Smoothie.
26. Make your own peppermint oil-infused bath salts for a cooling, relieving soak. Simply mix 16 ounces of Epsom salt and approximately 15 drops of peppermint oil into warm (not hot) bath water. Soak until the water begins to cool.
27. DIY Air Freshener Spray Formula:
- 3/4 cup water (I use tap water, but distilled is fine too)
- 2 tablespoons vodka, rubbing alcohol, or real vanilla extract
- One of the essential oil combinations below
Combine in an 8oz spray bottle, shake well, and spray as needed.
28. Citrus Mint Air Freshener Spray
29. Get Focused Air Freshener Spray
(Ideal for when you’re sitting at your desk and need to concentrate)
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil
30. Add a few drops to a cotton ball or washcloth and place it in the bottom of the shower. The steam from the warm water will spread this invigorating scent throughout the room.
31. Place peppermint oil on the tip of a cotton swap and put around the head of a tick to remove it from skin.
32. Keep ants and spiders out of your home by making a barrier of peppermint oil. Put some oil on a cotton ball and wipe around the areas they are entering your home such as doorways or windows.
33. Place peppermint essential oil on cotton balls and leave in strategic areas around your home to deter mice.
34. Add a few drops of peppermint oil and lavender oil to a carrier oil to relieve itchy bug bites.
35. To help motion sickness, rub a small amount that has been diluted with a carrier oil onto the insides of your wrists.
36. Inhale the scent of peppermint oil while studying to increase alertness.
37. Just one drop of peppermint oil rubbed on the stomach (diluted with coconut oil) or inhaled will help support feelings of indigestion or upset stomach.* A must have when traveling!
38. Spiders and mice HATE peppermint. Fill a spray bottle with water, add 10-15 drops of Peppermint essential oil , and spray the peppermint water in the cracks and gaps where spiders & rodents can enter your home.
39. To halt hiccups, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint essential oil to 1 – 2 Tbsp of room temperature water to a shot glass full of water. Drink in one big gulp.
40. For Morning Sickness…inhale peppermint oil to help reduce pregnancy related nausea.*
41. Whenever feeling queasy, open a bottle of peppermint oil and waft it under your nose and inhale deeply.
42. Blends well with Lavender for a soothing massage blend.
43. Add Peppermint to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
44. Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me-up on long drives.
47. Whip up a batch of Healthy Homemade Buttermints.
48. Make this easy 4-Ingredient Chocolate Peppermint Bark.
49. All About Peppermint Oil (Dr. Mercola)
50. 33 Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil (Stockpiling Moms)
Want to learn more about using essential oils in your everyday life?
Click here to get our free ebook: Intro to Essential Oils
Get your FREE ebook: Intro to Essential Oils
The Best Tips for Using Essential Oils in Your Everyday Life!