doTERRA’s peppermint essential oil was the second one I experienced and fell in love with (right after Wild Orange ). It’s considered the “Swiss Army Knife” of essential oils because of it’s usefulness and versatility. Have you ever wondered what peppermint essential oil is used for? Me too. So I thought it would be helpful and fun to create a list of 50 (or more) ways to use it.
50+ Ways to Use doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
1. Put a drop on your tongue for fresh breath.
2. Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
3. Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
4. Add a drop to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
6. “Need to stay alert? Try Peppermint oil! If you or someone you know has trouble staying awake during the day and would like a natural method to feel alert, Peppermint oil used topically or aromatically can help. Because of the invigorating and cooling effects that pure Peppermint oil produces when it comes in contact with skin, Peppermint is an ideal oil for staying attentive and aware. In order to create this extra boost, place 1–2 drops of Peppermint oil on your fingertips and then rub your temples. The invigorating aroma of Peppermint oil will help give you the natural sense of alertness you desire when you need it most.”
7. Don’t forget to get creative with your water, too! Add one drop of Peppermint with a cut fruit for a deliciously infused water. Peppermint oil makes a healthy addition to any drink because it helps promote healthy respiratory function and clear breathing, and by adding doTERRA Peppermint oil to the drink of your choice, you are encouraging healthy respiratory function in your body* while simultaneously adding a delicious flavor to your drinks.
8. Apply to the back of the neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
9. Diffuse mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
10. Inhale or rub a drop on your abdomen to soothe minor tummy troubles. It helps reduce bloating and gas.*
12. Add 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil to your regular morning shampoo and conditioner to stimulate the scalp, energize your mind, and wake up!
13. Peppermint oil has calming effects on skin inflammation. You can mix peppermint oil into lip balm and body lotion for a nice cooling sensation.
14. Peppermint oil can hydrate and support discomfort from too much sun exposure.
15. Soothe your tootsies with this Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion, a simple light lotion that will leave your feet smelling fresh and transform your sandpaper heels into a silky dream.
18. Make Peppermint Black Bean Brownies.
20. Make Peppermint Essential Oil Lip Balm.
21. Make Peppermint Chocolates during the holidays or anytime you want a refreshing treat.
22. Try this Chocolate Avocado Mousse recipe.
23. Make a Chocolate Mint Maca Smoothie.
24. Make your own peppermint oil-infused bath salts for a cooling, relieving soak. Simply mix 16 ounces of Epsom salt and approximately 15 drops of peppermint oil into warm (not hot) bath water. Soak until the water begins to cool.
Essential Oil Air Freshener Blends Featuring Peppermint Oil
25. DIY Air Freshener Spray Formula:
- 3/4 cup water (I use tap water, but distilled is fine too)
- 2 tablespoons vodka, rubbing alcohol, or real vanilla extract
- One of the essential oil combinations below
Combine in an 8oz spray bottle, shake well, and spray as needed.
26. Citrus Mint Air Freshener Spray
27. Get Focused Air Freshener Spray
(Ideal for when you’re sitting at your desk and need to concentrate)
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil
28. Add a few drops to a cotton ball or washcloth and place it in the bottom of the shower. The steam from the warm water will spread this invigorating scent throughout the room.
29. Had a long stressful day? There’s nothing more invigorating than the fresh scent of peppermint essential oil to wake up your senses. Need a quick pick me up? Inhale peppermint oil directly from the bottle or rub a drop under your nose to feel instantly refreshed. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to a hot bath for instant relaxation – also great for soothing tired muscles!
30. Keep ants and spiders out of your home by making a barrier of peppermint oil. Put some oil on a cotton ball and wipe around the areas they are entering your home such as doorways or windows.
31. Place peppermint essential oil on cotton balls and leave in strategic areas around your home to deter mice.
32. Add a few drops of peppermint oil and lavender oil to a carrier oil to relieve itchy bug bites.
33. To help with motion discomfort, rub a small amount that has been diluted with a carrier oil onto the insides of your wrists.
34. Inhale the scent of peppermint oil while studying to increase alertness.
35. Just one drop of peppermint oil rubbed on the stomach (diluted with coconut oil) or inhaled will help alleviate occasional stomach upset.* A must have when traveling!
36. Spiders and mice HATE peppermint. Fill a spray bottle with water, add 10-15 drops of Peppermint essential oil , and spray the peppermint water in the cracks and gaps where spiders & rodents can enter your home.
37. Clean Naturally. There is no need to pull out your rubber gloves and surgical masks when you clean your home. It might surprise you to know that you can concoct simple and inexpensive non-toxic cleaners from ingredients already lying around your house. Using essential oils to create your own cleaning spray is not only safe on the environment, but is safe for your family as well. This spray is perfect for cleaning hard surfaces in the kitchen, bathroom, etc.
38. Whenever feeling queasy, open a bottle of peppermint oil and waft it under your nose and inhale deeply.
39. Blends well with Lavender for a soothing massage blend.
40. Add Peppermint to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
41. Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me-up on long drives.
44. Whip up a batch of Healthy Homemade Buttermints.
45. Make this easy 4-Ingredient Chocolate Peppermint Bark.
46. All About Peppermint Oil (Dr. Mercola)
47. 33 Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil (Stockpiling Moms)
More About the Uses & Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil
Top Peppermint Oil Uses & Benefits (Dr. Axe)
Peppermint Oil Uses & Benefits (doTERRA)
Want to learn more about using essential oils in your everyday life?
Click here to get our free ebook: Intro to Essential Oils
Get your FREE ebook: Intro to Essential Oils
The Best Tips for Using Essential Oils in Your Everyday Life!