This is an exciting week here in Phoenix. We're all anxiously awaiting Martha’s return from the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
With lots to celebrate, in our family that means lots of good food too. So I'm starting to prepare now. Eating a little less at the beginning of the week, and working on my game plan.
I thought it fitting this week to talk about THE Essential Oil that started it all….WILD ORANGE .
Wild Orange is the first doTERRA Essential Oil I was introduced to. Even now, just one whiff takes me right back to that moment in Peter's living room when Molly Dayton handed me a bottle.
The scent of orange also transports me to Christmas morning as a child. We often found large juicy oranges among the gifts in our stockings.
Have you ever wondered why certain smells conjure up memories, and even feelings, so vividly?
Per Dr. Axe, our sense of smell is unique. It bypasses parts of the brain that other types of sensory information often cannot. Because of this, smells can often cause immediate emotional reactions based on memories.
Smells can bring us back to past events within milliseconds, making us feel a certain way based on past events, whether we realize why we're suddenly feeling that way or not.
Essential oils can have dramatic effects on limbic function and how you feel. The strong fragrances they hold—which are found inside volatile molecules that can make their way into your bloodstream—travel directly through the blood/brain barrier very quickly.
Learn more about how Vanderbilt Medical Center is using Essential Oils for this reason:
Here are just of few of the ways you can incorporate doTERRA's Wild Orange Essential Oil into your everyday life:
- Add a drop to your water or smoothie for a burst of flavor and to promote overall health.*
- During colder temperatures, take one to two drops of Wild Orange in a capsule or add to a cup of tea to support a healthy immune system.*
- During clean up, use Wild Orange essential oil in an all-purpose spray to cleanse and purify counter tops, tables and other surfaces.
- To improve your home's scent and to purify the air, place a few drops on your air filter.
- Before a stress filled day, diffuse for an energizing and revitalizing aroma.
- Watch how to make your own lip scrub with Wild Orange and Peppermint oils:
- When you lack energy in the afternoon, use with Peppermint essential oil to increase alertness and lift mood.
- For an invigorating shower, add a few drops to a body wash.
- Put three drops in your sink or bathtub drains to help dispel any unpleasant odors or grime. Be sure to let the oil evaporate before you run the water.
Watch this short video to learn more about where doTERRA gets their Wild Orange Essential Oil:
Wild Orange is referred to as "The Oil of Abundance". It addresses a wide variety of emotional issues. It inspires
abundance, fosters creativity, supports a positive mood, restores physical energy and aids in transitions.
Wild Orange Essential Oil also reconnects individuals with their inner child and brings spontaneity, fun, joy, and play into one's life.
And who can't use a little more of that?
To learn more about the benefits of using essential oils in your everyday life, be sure to sign up for our essential oils newsletter. Subscribe today and get our complimentary ebook Introduction to Essential Oils!
Don't let seasonal discomfort keep you from doing the things you love. For proactive support, have these essential oils on hand to take before enjoying your outdoor activities.
Get your FREE ebook: Intro to Essential Oils
The Best Tips for Using Essential Oils in Your Everyday Life!