I don’t know about you, but for me the pounds seem to come off a little easier when I’m doing some type of regular exercise.
My husband, Gary, has been trying to get me to the gym for a while now, but I’m just not there yet.
It’s one excuse after another. I keep “putting it off to a tomorrow” that just never seems to come.
But this week I finally took some action.
No, I didn’t go to the gym, but I did purchase a 30-day pass for a local yoga studio.
During my first basic class, I was thrilled to see the teacher offer a drop of Bergamot essential oil to everyone prior to meditation.
Using Bergamot Essential Oil During Yoga
Why Bergamot Essential Oil?
Ironically, I had just used this oil a few nights earlier when dealing with some occasional sleeplessness. Lavender wasn’t helping, so I broke out my book and decided to try something new.
With both calming and uplifting abilities, Bergamot can dissipate anxious feelings while simultaneously providing cleansing benefits.
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring a special climate and soil in order to thrive.
Italians have used Bergamot for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin.
This short video walks you through the Bergamot and Lemon groves in Italy to show you where this magical oil comes from:
Ways to Use Bergamot Oil:
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
- Apply 1-2 drops to the back of your neck or over your abdomen prior to your yoga or mediation practice.
Unwind with Bergamot Tea
Bergamot Essential Oil Cautions
Possible skin sensitivity. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying.
Make any day a spa day with this uplifting diffuser blend recipe:
As the holidays approach, don’t despair. Have this unique essential oil available to give you a helping hand.
To learn more about the benefits of using essential oils in your everyday life, be sure to sign up for our essential oils newsletter. Subscribe today and get our complimentary ebook Introduction to Essential Oils and learn how to get Simple Nourished Living’s 3 favorite doTERRA oils for FREE in November!
Get your FREE ebook: Intro to Essential Oils
The Best Tips for Using Essential Oils in Your Everyday Life!