(Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipe # 210 – Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies)
I still can’t believe I made these peanut butter chocolate chip blondies in the slow cooker! They were delicious and didn’t last long. Everyone who tasted them loved them.
Summer has arrived here in Phoenix. Temperatures have soared into the triple digits with no sign of relief. So, there’s no chance I’ll be turning my oven on for the next several months. I’ve tried baking in my toaster oven but the results haven’t been pretty.
So, I’m really excited to have discovered the joys of slow cooker baking.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
This makes a nice little batch in a 2 to 3-1/2 quart slow cooker. You can double the batch for a 4-Quart slow cooker or triple for a 6-Quart. But if you’re a Weight Watchers I wouldn’t suggest it unless you have someone to share them with!
According to my calculations each serving has 148 calories and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 3-1/2-Quart.
- Generously grease the inside of your slow cooker with butter. Then add a little flour and tilt it all around to coat the sides and bottom. Dump out any excess flour. (Or coat the bottoms and sides with nonstick spray with flour, which is what I did.)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder and then set it aside.
- With an electric mixer at medium speed beat together the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the egg until it is fully incorporated. Beat in the vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and remove the beaters. Add the flour mixture and gently fold it in with the spatula until it's just blended. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape and smooth the batter into the prepared slow cooker. (It will be thick.)
- Place several layers of paper towels on top of the slow cooker and then set the lid in place.
- (This will prevent condensation from dripping back into your blondies while they bake.) Cook on HIGH about 1-1/2 hours. Or until the blondies are firm throughout and a little bit dry at the edges and set to the touch in the middle. Remove the insert from the cooker and set it on a wire rack for 30 minutes to cool.
- If desired, invert the insert on a cutting board, shake gently to release the blondies ,then remove the insert and turn the blondies right side up.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
Source: The Great American Slow Cooker Book: 500 Easy Recipes for Every Day and Every Size Machine
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker peanut butter chocolate chip blondies calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for slow cooker peanut butter chocolate chip blondies you might also like:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.