WW Recipe of the Day: Low Calorie 2-Ingredient Nutella Puff Pastry
(85 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
Pain au chocolat, or chocolate croissants, are an all time favorite of mine. I ate one almost every day during our visit to Paris.
So it’s no wonder this recipe for Nutella Puff Pastries with only 85 calories caught my eye. Is there any way this quick and easy recipe could even come close the the flavors I know so well? I simply had to find out.
Nutella is a staple in our house, and I just happen to have a sheet of puff pastry in my refrigerator. It was meant to be. So I preheated the oven, unrolled the pastry sheet, and immediately got to work.
In less than 15 minutes I was enjoying a warm flaky bite of heaven. Not only is this recipe easy, but you can also tailor it to meet your needs.
Looking for a bite size dessert with fewer calories/WW points? Just cut the sheet into 24 squares and use only a 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella.
Looking for something sweet to add to your brunch menu? These little treats will be the highlight of the buffet.
Looking for a little variety? Add raspberry jam along with the Nutella for a new twist.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Nutella Pastry Puff?
According to my calculations, each serving has 85 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. A smaller bite-size option with only *2 Freestyle SmartPoints is also explained.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make 2-Ingredient Nutella Puff Pastries Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather and prepare ingredients and workspace. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: Unroll the puff pastry sheet on a clean work surface, sprinkled with flour or lined with parchment paper.
Step 4: Add 1 teaspoon of Nutella to the middle of each square.
Fold the dough in half, covering the Nutella.
Step 5: Dip your fingers in a small bowl of water and using wet fingers, seal the three sides of pastry.
Step 7: Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
Step 8: Remove pastries to a wire cooling rack .
Nutella Pastry Recipe Notes
To reduce calories and make a single-bite option, cut pastry sheet into 24 squares. Making this change reduces each pastry to *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Use only 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella per square. Making this change for 12 pastries reduces each one to *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Using 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella when making 24 pastries, reduces each one to *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Add a small dab of raspberry or strawberry jam along with the Nutella.
Nutella Pastry Serving Suggestions
- Makes an impressive yet super easy dessert.
- Add to any brunch buffet.
- Tasty tea time snack.
- Pack one in your brown bag lunch.
If you’ve made these 2-Ingredient Nutella Pastries, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
2-Ingredient Nutella Puff Pastries
- 1 sheet puff pastry (gluten-free, if desired)
- 1/4 cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Use a silpat or parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet on a clean work surface, sprinkled with flour or lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly smooth the pastry surface with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Cut the sheet into 12 squares with a pizza cutter.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Nutella to the middle of each square. Fold the dough in half covering the Nutella.
- Dip your fingers in a small bowl of water. Use wet fingers to seal the three sides.
- Gently lift the sealed dough and place it on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all 12 pastries are sealed.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe source: Nutella Puffs from The Food Charlatan
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this simple 2-Ingredient Nutella Pastry Puffs, you might also like
- Deep Chocolate VitaTops Whoopie Pies
- Chocolate Fruit and Nut Clusters
- Gluten-Free Microwave Mug Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!