(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Recipes Day 124)
The crock pot cocktail sausages I made them a couple of weeks ago were such a hit, I decided to try again with a different sauce.
So, I used my 1-1/2 Quart Crock Pot to make a little batch of these easy 3-ingredient slow cooker BBQ smokies.
The recipe from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes! called for a combination of barbecue sauce and salsa, two ingredients I always seem to have on hand.
If you’re not able to locate turkey or chicken little smokies, you can always make your own: just take your favorite fat free hotdogs and cut them crosswise into 3 even pieces.
While these easy slow cooker BBQ smokies were good, we didn’t like them as well as the last batch made with apricot preserves.
Rod found this sauce too tangy for his tastes, which means all the more for me
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 package (12 ounces) turkey little smokies
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 Quart
- For easier cleanup, coat your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Put the barbecue sauce and salsa in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the little smokies and stir again.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until hot and bubbly.
- Stir and turn to LOW to serve.
- Serve hot right from the crockpot or transfer to a serving dish, being sure to have plenty of toothpicks and napkins handy!
If you can’t find turkey or chicken little smokies. You could always make your own by taking your favorite fat free hotdogs and cutting them crosswise into 3 even pieces.
If you liked easy slow cooker BBQ smokies you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for easy slow cooker BBQ smokies calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.