(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 102)
I love breakfast casseroles like this slow cooker easy egg and sausage puff.
Easy to stir together and served with fruit, it makes a deliciously hearty breakfast that keeps me satisfied for hours and hours.
I made this slow cooker easy egg and sausage puff Sunday and stored the leftovers in the fridge, rewarming them during the week for a warm and yummy breakfast in minutes.
I adapted the original recipe slightly, making it lighter by substituting turkey breakfast sausage, heartsmart bisquick and using lowfat milk.
Rod, Mom and I all gave it our seal of approval.
- 1 pound bulk turkey breakfast sausage (casings removed)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose baking mix (I used Bisquick Heart Smart)
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
- 2 cups low fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, optional
- Brown the sausage in a nonstick skillet, breaking up the chunks of meat as it cooks.
- Drain the grease well, and blot with paper towels.
- In a large bowl stir together the sausage, egg, baking mix, cheese, milk and mustard (if using) until well blended.
- Grease a slow cooker. (I used my 2-Quart but 2-4 Quart should work.)
- Pour the egg misture into the greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW and continue to cook until the dish is fully cooked in the center, 1-3
- hours more.
- Uncover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
If you liked slow cooker easy egg and sausage puff made lighter you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker easy egg and sausage puff calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.