(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 110)
What is it about crock pot cocktail sausages that make them so impossible to resist?
If you want to be the hero of your next game day gathering, stir together a batch of these sweet and spicy glazed cocktail sausages.
Toss them into your crock pot and let them heat until bubbly.
I made a batch this week and almost didn’t have time to snap a quick picture before they were gone!
I used my 1-1/2 Quart Slow Cooker to make a small batch, but this recipe can easily be doubled or tripled in a larger slow cooker for a party.
The key to making these crockpot cocktail sausages a little lighter and more Weight Watchers friendly is choosing chicken or turkey mini cocktail sausages. I’ve seen both Aidell’s and Hillshire brands in the supermarkets here.
And to keep things really easy, serve them hot right from the pot with plenty of toothpicks and napkins for everyone.
I think this glaze would work well on turkey meatballs too.
- 12 ounces precooked chicken or turkey mini smoked sausages
- ¾ cup apricot or peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart
- For easier cleanup, coat your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the sausages in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, chili sauce, and mustard, stirring until well blended.
- Pour over the sausages and toss until coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours (or on LOW for about 4 hours) or until hot and bubbly.
- If desired, you can remove the lid and cook for another 10 to 20 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- Serve hot right from the crockpot or transfer to a serving dish, being sure to have plenty of toothpicks and napkins handy!
Source: Adapted from Slow & Easy: Fast-Fix Recipes for Your Electric Slow Cooker
I want to try this sauce for meatballs too.
If you liked crock pot cocktail sausages you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for crockpot cocktail sausages calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.