Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 79)
Here’s a skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake I think you’re gonna love.
I certainly did!
It’s perfect for chocolate lovers who want to indulge a bit, without getting crazy.
Low in fat and vegan-friendly (if you use a non-dairy milk), this skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake is easy enough for everyday but impressive enough for company.
I’d never before made a slow cooker chocolate pudding cake and had my doubts about how this would turn out. But a cooking tip beside the recipe said that the batter would rise to the top and turn into cake. Underneath there would be a rich chocolate pudding.
While not exactly “pudding,” beneath the chocolate cake was a warm, satiny chocolate pudding-like sauce!
This skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake is definitely going on my “make again” list.
- 1 cup dry all-purpose baking mix (I used Bisquick Heart Smart)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- ½ cup milk (I used coconut milk beverage)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2/3 cups hot water
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the baking mix, ½ cup sugar, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the batter evenly into the slow cooker.
- In a clean bowl, mix the remaining ½ up sugar, ⅓ cup cocoa powder and hot water until well blended.
- Pour over the batter in the slow cooker.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake-y part comes out clean. (There will be a thick chocolate pudding-like sauce beneath the cake.)
- Serve warm plain or with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or squirt of whipped cream. Just be sure to adjust your Points accordingly.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!
If you liked skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for skinny slow cooker chocolate pudding cake calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.