(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 63)
I recently whipped up a batch of these easy slow cooker brownies using a box of Ghirardelli brownie mix I had in the pantry.
They turned out rich, moist, dense and delicious.
And were so good, I had to keep them hidden beneath foil to stop myself from overindulging!
I made these easy slow cooker brownies according to the package instructions, using oil, water and egg. I thought about trying to lighten them up with applesauce or yogurt.
Then, I remembered what I had read in Mindless Eating, that we often end up consuming MORE CALORIES when eating something “low fat” or “light” than we do the real thing!
Plus the real thing usually tastes so much better.
So, I’m practicing eating the real stuff, but in smaller portions.
Simple and delicious, these easy slow cooker brownies from a mix, are definitely worth the splurge.
- 1 package (19 to 20 ounces) brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate)
- Ingredients need to make up the mix
- Grease a small baking pan that will fit in your slow cooker. I used an 8-inch round pan and my 6-Quart oval slow cooker.
- Place a trivet in your slow cooker or make one by rolling up foil into a coil.
- Mix up the brownie mix according to your packages instructions. ( I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix with ⅓ cup water, ⅓ cup oil and an egg.)
- Pour the brownie batter into your prepared pan.
- Add the pan to your slow cooker.
- Cover with 8 paper towels.
- Place the cover over the paper towels and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove the cover and check for doneness. Insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies. If it comes out clean, they are done. If not, continue to cook, covered, checking every 15 minutes until done.
- When finished cooking, remove the pan from the slow cooker and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cool, cut into 16 small wedges.
If you liked easy slow cooker brownies you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker brownies from mix calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.