WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Gluten Free Mini Beet Brownie Bites
(48 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Looking for a perfectly portion-controlled, simple sweet chocolate brownie treat that is also gluten-free?
How about some low fat Mini Beet Brownie Bites!
The pureed beets add a nice deep rich reddish brown color to these brownie bites and also help them stay nice and moist.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Mini Beet Brownie Bites?
According to my calculations, each brownie bite has 48 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Mini Low Fat Beet Brownie Bites
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
Step 3: In a medium bowl, stir together beet puree, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla.
Step 4: In a another medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
Step 5: Stir beet puree mixture into dry flour mixture until thoroughly mixed.
Stir melted chocolate into brownie batter until combined.
Step 7: Divide brownie batter evenly between prepared 24-cup mini muffin tin. Top with ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
Step 8: Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of brownie comes out clean.
Step 9: Allow brownie bites to cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Low Fat Beet Brownie Bites Recipe Notes
No need to cook beets to make these brownies as many grocery stores now carry pre-cooked beets (which is what I used)!
If you prefer to cook your own beets, wrap two or three beets in foil and place on baking sheet . Bake about 45 minutes in a 400F degree oven, or until beets are tender when pierced with a fork. Remove beets from oven and allow to cool before removing the skins.
If you've made these Mini Low Fat Beet Brownie Bites, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Mini Beet Brownie Bites
- ½ cup beet puree (about 2 medium beets, processed in high powered blender or food processor until pureed)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup , plus 2 tablespoons, almond flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare beet puree by adding two cooked beets to a high-powered blender, or food processor, and processing until completely pureed, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together beet puree, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla.
- In a another medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir beet puree mixture into dry flour mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add ½ cup mini chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second increments just until melted. Stir regularly to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Stir melted chocolate into brownie batter until combined.
- Divide brownie batter evenly between prepared 24-cup mini muffin tin. Top with ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of brownie comes out clean.
- Allow brownie bites to cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Recipe source: Sneaky Beet Brownies by FitFoodieFinds
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these low fat Beet Brownie Bites, you might also like
- Skinny Black Bean Brownies
- Easy No-Bake 4-Ingredient "Brownies"
- Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- 2-Ingredient Nutella Pastry Puffs
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!