(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking, Day 25)
Slow cooker artichoke dip, made lighter.
I love hot artichoke dip.
It’s one of those things that I could eat till I burst.
So to save myself from myself, I made a small batch of lightened-up slow cooker artichoke dip.
If you were having a party this slow cooker artichoke dip recipe would be easy to double.
It would be good with the addition of chopped spinach, crabmeat, smoked salmon, chopped pickled jalapenos and/or red pepper flakes too.
Rod and I enjoyed this yummy slow cooker artichoke dip and a glass a wine while sitting out on the patio Friday night.
- ½ can (about 7 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 2-3 drops hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl combine the artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder until creamy and well blended.
- Coat the inside of a mini crock pot warmer. Or coat a small oven safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the dip mixture into the dish. Place the dish in your crock pot. (I used my 2-Quart.)
- Heat on LOW 1-2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chips, veggies and/or bread cubes.
Variations: This slow cooker artichoke dip would be good with any of the following additions too: Chopped spinach, crabmeat, smoked salmon, chopped pickled jalapenos and/or red pepper flakes.
If you liked this Slow Cooker Artichoke Dip, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.