Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Roasted Eggplant Spread
(62 calories | *1 WW SmartPoint)
I chose this Ina Garten Roasted Eggplant Spread for this month’s Ina Fridays.
What’s Ina Fridays? A little gathering of bloggers devoting the first Friday of each month to the recipes of Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa.
This month we are focusing on appetizers. When it comes to appetizers, I like to keep things simple.
And it doesn’t get much simpler than this Ina Garten Roasted Eggplant Spread from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook .
Skinny on Ina Garten Roasted Eggplant Spread
You just roast chunks of eggplant, red bell pepper and onion with a little olive oil and garlic. Let it cool. Process with some tomato paste. Dump it into a bowl. And serve with vegetables, crusty bread and/or pita chips.
Not only good, but good for you, this low-fat Ina Garten Roasted Eggplant Spread is delicious tossed with pasta too.
I decreased the oil to 2 tablespoons from 3 to save a few calories and fat grams. It was just as delicious.
According to my calculations each 1/4-cup serving of this Roasted Eggplant Dip has about 62 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this eggplant spread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Roasted Eggplant Spread Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into into 1-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Place the eggplant, bell pepper and onion into a large bowl. Add the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss everything to coat with the oil.
- Spread the mixture out onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then remove pan from the oven and turn the vegetables over.
- Return to the oven and continue to bake until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste and pulse several times to blend. Taste and add more salt and pepper as necessary.
Source: The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
I love skinny dips and spreads so much I wrote a cookbook devoted to them:
See What Others are Cooking this Ina Friday:
- Alyce @ More Time at the Table
- Ansh @ Spice Roots
- Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
- Bhavna @ Just a Girl From AAmchi Mumbai
- Chaya @ Bizzy Bakes
- Linda @ There and Back Again
- Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
- Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
- Nancy @ My Picadillo
- Veronica @ My Catholic Kitchen
- Rocky Mountain Woman @ The Rocky Mountain Woman
- Peggy @ Pantry Revisited
- Ria @ Ria's Collection
- The Contessa (Linda) @ The Tumbleweed Contessa
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!