(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 198 – Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa)
Perfect for a pot luck, picnic, backyard BBQ or other-get together, this recipe for slow cooker sweet and sour kielbasa can easily be doubled or tripled.
It makes a great easy appetizer served with plenty of toothpicks and napkins. Or to serve as a main dish, spoon over rice with your favorite veggies on the side.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
To make this slow cooker sweet and sour kielbasa lighter and healthier I substituted turkey kielbasa for pork and cut back on the brown sugar. (It was still plenty sweet for us.)
According to my calculations each serving has 197 calories and *5 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- 1 cup diced onion 1 medium
- 14 ounces turkey kielbasa smoked sausage cut into bite-size slices
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 4-Quart
- Microwave the onions in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until they are softened. Scrape them into the slow cooker. Add the kielbasa, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW until heated through and gently bubbly, 4 to 6 hours.
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker sweet and sour kielbasa calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this recipe for slow cooker sweet and sour kielbasa you might also like:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!