WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Kielbasa
(197 calories | 10 10 10 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Perfect for a pot luck, picnic, backyard BBQ or other-get together, this recipe for slow cooker sweet and sour kielbasa can easily be doubled or tripled.
It makes a great easy appetizer served with plenty of toothpicks and napkins. Or serve as a main dish spooned over rice, or cauliflower rice, with your favorite veggies on the side.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
To make this slow cooker sweet and sour kielbasa lighter and healthier, I substituted turkey kielbasa for pork and cut back on the brown sugar. (It was still plenty sweet for us.)
If you double the recipe, cut back on the ketchup - only use ¾ cup ketchup for a double batch and 1 cup for a triple batch.
According to my calculations each serving has 197 calories and:
10 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
10 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this Slow Cooked Sweet & Sour Kielbasa, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium)
- 14 ounces turkey kielbasa smoked sausage, cut into bite-size slices
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 4-Quart
- Microwave the onions in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until they are softened. Scrape them into the slow cooker.
- Add the kielbasa, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW until heated through and gently bubbly, 4 to 6 hours.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for sweet and sour kielbasa you might also like:
- 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Smokies
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers
- Easy Slow Cooker Kielbasa Sauerkraut and Potatoes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!