This chicken avocado salad is another easy, healthy and delicious recipe, perfect for using up leftover cooked chicken.
It’s from The Short-Cut Cook: Make Simple Meals with Surprisingly Little Effort by Jacques Pepin.
In the recipe’s notes, Jacques says that this chicken avocado salad is a great way to use leftover chicken.
I couldn’t agree more.
The tasty salad dressing would be delicious with leftover roast turkey or pork too.
The only change I made was to cut back on the oil from 3 tablespoons to 1, to make it a little more Weight Watchers friendly.
You’ll want to Shred the chicken rather than cutting it with a knife. It looks nicer and the meat will absorb the dressing better.
Each serving of this yummy chicken avocado salad has 208 calories and *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
And if you are not sure about the best way to cube an avocado, there’s a helpful video at the end of this post.
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 scallions, finely minced (1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- 1 small ripe avocado, cubed
- 12 leaves lettuce or other greens
- In a large bowl, stir together the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and Tabasco sauce until well blended. Stir in the scallions.
- If the chicken is cold, warm it gently in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds to take the chill off. Add the shredded chicken to the dressing and toss well to combine.
- Add the avocado cubes and toss gently.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates. Divide the chicken avocado salad evenly among the 4 plates of greens.
Source: Slightly adapted from The Short-Cut Cook: Make Simple Meals with Surprisingly Little Effort
How to Cut an Avocado:
If you liked this recipe for chicken avocado salad, you may want to check out my eCookbook: Favorite Easy Healthy Recipes for Using Rotisserie Chicken
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.