I made these Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins to celebrate the arrival of fall.
I love everything about fall. The cooler weather. The foods. The holidays. And especially the fall fairs and festivals and fun food associated with them.
What could be more fun than mini corn dog muffins? I got the idea for these mini corn dog muffins one day while reading, Sara Noel’s Frugal Living Column in the Arizona Republic.
She was responding to a woman who had written in to justify buying a corn-dog maker from Amazon as a cost saving measure. (Which goes to show that we humans can rationalize just about anything :-))
Sara had responded suggesting that you can make cornbread muffins in a mini muffin tin and add a cut-up piece of hot dog in each compartment to make mini corn dogs. And if the kids are really missing them, add a stick after baking. Who knew? A creative, healthy, thrifty alternative to corn dogs.
Baked Mini Corn Dog Muffins! What a great way for those of us who want to indulge our taste buds and fit into our skinny jeans to have it all.
Skinny on Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins
I immediately set my mind on making a batch of these baked skinny mini corn dog muffins as soon as I gathered the ingredients: 97% fat free Hebrew National hotdogs and a small package (6 muffin size/6.5 ounces) of corn muffin mix. These were easy, delicious and fun. Consider them the next time you are trying to rationalize a corn dog 😉 Each one has just 83 calories, 2 Points Plus and 2 SmartPoints.
- 1 small package (6.5 ounces/6 muffin size) cornbread mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 egg (could use 2 egg whites instead)
- ⅓ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 fat free hot dogs, each one cut into 6 even pieces (I used Hebrew National)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the muffin mix, milk, melted butter, and egg just until moistened. The batter will be lumpy. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling them about ⅔ full.
- Insert a piece of hot dog into the center of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with your favorite corn dog muffins condiments.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked these skinny mini corn dog muffins, you might also like:
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.