As soon as I saw the recipe for the Weight Watchers Chocolate Marshmallow Bark in this week’s Weight Watchers Weekly, I knew I wanted to try it for the holidays. And I’m so glad I did.
It’s a sweet treat that’s both good and good for you since dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants. And with just 3 PointsPlus per serving, you won’t feel guilty about eating it and sharing it.
This quick and easy recipe is a definitely a keeper as far as I’m concerned. It calls for just a few simple ingredients, stirs together in a matter of minutes. You don’t even need to turn on the stove or oven. The only appliance you need is a microwave to melt the chocolate. What more could a chocolate loving woman with lazy tendencies want?
You can modify this Weight Watchers Chocolate Marshmallow Bark recipe in lots of ways too. It was my idea to add some sliced almonds and dried cranberries and sprinkle a little coconut on top to dress it up a bit. You can use whatever kind of chocolate you prefer and mix and match the ingredients you like best. Next time I’m planning to add some crispy rice cereal.
- 3.5 ounces 72% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4.5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Sprinkling of shredded coconut if desired
- Line a 9- X 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe measuring bowl and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir in the marshmallows, dried cranberries and sliced almonds.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan using a silicon spatula; smooth into a somewhat even layer.
- Sprinkle with a light dusting of shredded coconut if desired. Cover and refrigerate until the chocolate sets, at least 1 hour and then keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
More Weight Watchers Chocolate Treats