Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I'm planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
Taking the time to think about what I'm cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don't stick to it one hundred percent - life happens, but it helps to have a rough guide. And prevents me from reaching into the cookie jar or open bag of chips too often. Whoever said that failing to plan was planning to fail was spot on!
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points (Week #34)
This week I'm going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. Carrot Cake Smoothie (6PP) - I'm addicted to this smoothie at the moment. Rod liked it too. Smoothies are one of my go-to summertime breakfasts.
2. Whole Wheat English Muffin (3PP) with Easy Egg Salad (3PP) and watermelon (0PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here's research that supports this idea.) I usually eat lunch out a couple days a week, which prevents me from getting to bored.
1. Leftovers from dinner
2. Canned tuna (3 ounces - 2PP) on mixed greens (0PP) with sliced beets (0PP), hearts of palm (0PP) cherry tomatoes (0PP) and small cubed boiled red potato (3PP) drizzled with low fat vinaigrette (2PP) - I came across this recipe while scanning my latest diet book read - LeBootcamp Diet: The Scientifically-Proven French Method to Eat Well, Lose Weight, and Keep it Off For Good. I love how the French manage to eat beautiful food even when on a "diet."
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
And because Rod is away this week, I'll be taking it extra easy in the kitchen. I'll buy a roasted chicken Sunday when I shop and use the cooked chicken in a variety of meals all week. What I don't eat I'll pop in the freezer.
1. Light Macaroni and Cheese with Cauliflower (8PP) with simple salad of tomatoes (0PP) and cucumbers (0PP) with rice wine vinegar (0PP)
2. Mom's Cuban Style Fish (6PP) with brown rice (½ cup - 2 PP) and green beans (0PP)
3. Weight Watchers Baked Chicken Parmesan (8PP) with simple green salad (0PP) with olive oil (1 PP-1 teaspoon) and balsamic vinegar (0PP)
4. Grilled turkey burgers (6PP) and Skinny Waldorf Salad (2PP)
1. Light microwave popcorn (2PP)
2. Apple (0PP) with raw almonds (2 tablespoons - 2PP)
1. Vanilla ice cream (4PP) with strawberries (0PP)
2. Watermelon (0PP)
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!