Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plans here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I’m planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I’m cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don’t stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Since I’m feeling very Irish this week, here’s what’s on my menu
Weight Watchers Weekly Meal Plan (Week #22)
This week I’m going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. Cottage Cheese (3PP) with Fruit (0PP) – My cottage cheese and fruit kick continues. I’m loving it for a quick and easy breakfast, just changing up the fruit. My favorite fruit combination at the moment is canned crushed pineapple and sliced red seedless grapes.
2. English Muffin (3PP) with Peanut Butter (3PP) and Fruit (0PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here’s research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week. On the days I’m home I plan to have:
2. Leftovers from Dinner
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
1. Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage – (9PP) – For me it wouldn’t be St. Patrick’s Day without corned beef. Making slow cooker corned beef is incredibly easy and amazingly delicious.
2. Mom’s Hamburger Goulash with Macaroni (9PP) – this recipe for hamburger goulash with elbow macaroni is an old stand-by straight from Mom’s recipe box that I’ve loved forever. Serve with a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP) alongside.
3. Easy Slow Cooker Frittata (4PP) – made with an assortment of chopped fresh vegetables, this slow cooker frittata makes an easy, healthy and delicious dish suitable for breakfast, lunch or supper. Serve with a Simple Green Salad (0PP) tossed with Olive Oil (1PP) and Balsamic Vinegar (0PP) and Whole Wheat Toast (2PP) alongside.
4. Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts (4PP) – Simple + delicious. I like to serve with brown rice (4) and broccoli (0PP) or spinach (0PP) or sliced atop a big green salad (0PP).
5. Leftover Buffet (AKA: Clean out the Fridge Night)
1. Grapes (0PP) Laughing Cow Cheese (1PP) and Triscuits (3PP)
2. Carrots (0PP) and Hummus (1PP)
Chocolate Stout Cake with Ganache (6PP) – I’ll enjoy a little and then leave the rest for family and friends.
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!