Another week, time for another meal plan.
Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Meal Plans here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I’m planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
Taking the time to think about what I’m cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don’t stick to it one hundred percent, but it helps to have a rough guide. And prevents me from reaching into the cookie jar or open bag of chips too often.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Meal Plan (Week #27)
This week I’m going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. Plain Greek yogurt (3PP) with strawberries (0PP) and a drizzle of maple syrup (1PP)
2. English muffin (3PP) spread with 1 tablespoon orange marmalade (1PP), topped with shredded cheddar cheese (2PP) and broiled in the toaster oven until the cheese melts
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here’s research that supports this idea.) I eat lunch out a few days a week.
1. Mexican Shrimp Salad- 4 ounces cooked shrimp (3PP), peeled and deveined, tossed with 1/3 cup salsa (0PP), 1/3 cup chopped avocado (2PP), 1/4 cup chopped cucumber (0PP) and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro (0PP) on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce (0PP)
2. Salsa Cottage Cheese Baked Potato (7PP) – The salsa and cottage cheese baked potato is one of the most easy, healthy and delicious ways I know. (Unless, of course you are not a fan of cottage cheese or salsa.) And it takes just minutes if you use the microwave .
3. Leftovers from dinner.
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
1. Easy Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan (8PP) with tossed green salad (0) and light dressing (1).
2. 3-Ingredient Weight Watchers Crock Pot Italian Beef (4PP) on a whole grain bun (4PP). Serve with tossed green salad (0) and light dressing (1)
4. Weight Watchers Turkey Meatloaf with Zucchini + Quinoa (5PP) Serve with mashed potatoes (4 PP) and green beans (0PP) drizzled with olive oil (1PP) and lemon juice (0PP)
1. Cucumber Slices (0PP) spread with Laughing Cow Garlic Herb Cheese (1PP)
2. Apple (0PP) with a little peanut butter (3PP)
1. Butterscotch Blondies (3PP) – one of my all time favorites. And with 119 calories and 3 WW Points+ in each little 1-1/2 inch square, they are definitely worth the splurge 🙂
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there’s a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!