WW Recipe of the Day: Lentil Salat with Mint and Goat Cheese
(179 calories | 5 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
A simple dish of fiber-rich lentils, fresh mint and creamy goat cheese. I never would have thought of combining these ingredients into a salad if I hadn’t seen the recipe for this Lentil Salad with Mint and Goat Cheese featured in an early June issue of Weight Watchers Weekly.
Since then I’ve been wanting to give it a try. And I’m so glad I did. It’s a really nice change from the usual mayo-based side dishes and salads so popular this time of year.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Lentil, Mint and Goat Cheese Salad
The original recipe calls for cooking a cup of lentils, which isn’t a big deal, but does require 20 to 30 minutes of simmering. I used a package of Trader Joe’s steamed lentils I had in the refrigerator instead, turning this into a simple no-cook lentil salad recipe, perfect for summer.
(I’ve become a big fan of them since receiving a package when a friend was cleaning out her fridge before leaving for the summer, which I used to make a Camilla’s lemony lentil and quinoa salad.)
The only other change I made was adding a little dried tarragon. Next time I’m going to experiment with a little red wine or sherry vinegar. I hope you like this simple tasty dish as much as we did.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Lentil Salad?
According to my calculations, each 1/2-cup serving has 179 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this simple lentil salad, be sure to check out my other WW friendly recipes including Salmon and Warm Lentil Salad, Vegetarian Lentil Salad, Lentil, Mushroom and Kale Burritos, 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Vegetarian BBQ Lentils and Slow Cooker Savory Lentils with Brown Rice
WW Lentil Salad with Mint and Goat Cheese
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) Trader Joe's steamed lentils (2-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup peeled and coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar (optional)
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ounces semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
- Place the cooked lentils in a large bowl and use your fingers to gently separate them.
- Stir in the onion, mint, and tarragon.
- Toss with red wine, or sherry, vinegar (if using)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, sprinkle the goat cheese over the top of the salad.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this recipe for light and healthy Weight Watchers Lentil Salad, you might also like:
- Camilla’s lemony lentil and quinoa salad – light, healthy & delicious
- Alanna’s Summer Lentils – another great summer salad lentil salad filled with summer vegetables I can’t wait to try (A Veggie Venture)
- Lemony Lentil Salad with Salmon – another great no-cook main dish lentil salad (Eating Well)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!