WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Skillet Chicken Tetrazzini
(250 calories | 7 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I’m a longtime lover of chicken tetrazzini: cooked spaghetti, chicken, and mushrooms tossed with a creamy sherry-splashed sauce, sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly and golden.
It’s one of my favorite old-fashioned comfort food casseroles and a great way to use leftover cooked chicken.
So, recently when I had some to use up, I decided to made this old comfort food classic.
But, instead of using my standard recipe, I opted to use this Weight Watchers Tetrazzini recipe, a light and easy skillet version, as my starting point.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
This Weight Watchers easy chicken tetrazzini skips the baking step, saving time and dirtying fewer dishes, never a bad thing on a busy weeknight. I made a few changes:
- Substituted olive oil instead of low calorie margarine
- Eliminated scallions, garlic powder and pimento
- Added a little ground nutmeg, a classic tetrazzini ingredient
Creamy and flavorful, we both really enjoyed this lightened up Skillet Chicken Tetrazzini. It’s one I’ll make again.
According to my calculations, each serving has 250 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Easy Chicken Tetrazzini, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken half and cooked according to package directions and drained
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large, deep skillet set over medium heat, cook the mushrooms in olive oil, stirring often until tender, about five minutes.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, broth and milk in a small bowl; mix until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the skillet and cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sherry and chicken and cook until heated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the drained spaghetti and toss gently to coat.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan.
Source: Weight Watchers
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Delicious Weight Watchers Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Weight Watchers Slim & Saucy Skillet Chicken Marsala
- Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken with Rice Casserole
- Easy Chicken Divan Casserole Made Lighter
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!