WW Recipe of the Day: Low Calorie Vegan Banana Oat Blender Muffins
Looking for an easy-to-make and even easier to clean-up healthy muffin recipe?
These vegan banana oat muffins are low calorie, low fat, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free and most importantly they taste great.
Moist and chewy thanks to the ripe bananas, nut butter and maple syrup, these banana blender muffins mix up quickly and make a great grab-n-go breakfast, lunchbox, after school or anytime snack.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Vegan Banana Oat Muffins?
According to my calculations, each muffin has 121 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
How to Make Low Fat Vegan Banana Oat Muffins
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin (affiliate link) with non-stick spray, or line muffin tin with paper liners.
Step 2: Add all the ingredients to high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix (affiliate link)) in the order listed.
Blend on high speed until the mixture becomes smooth and thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute.
Step 3: Pour the muffin batter into the prepared muffin pan,
filling each about ¾ of the way. Sprinkle muffins with a few oats before baking, if desired.
Step 4: Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the muffins turn golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Step 5: Cool the muffins in the pan for about 10 minutes,
then transer muffins to wire rack to cool completely.
Step 6: Muffins can be store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or placed in Ziplock freezer bags and frozen.
Low Fat Vegan Banana Oat Muffin Recipe Notes
No oil, eggs or refined sugar necessary for making these healthy, low fat muffins. Since the muffin batter mixes together in your high-powered blender (affiliate link), you'll be saved from making a mess in the kitchen!
Banana Oat Blender Muffin Serving Suggestions
Enjoy these muffins at room temperature, or heated up in the toaster oven. I like to smear a little additional almond butter on top of my muffin.
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made these low calorie, gluten-free Vegan Banana Oat Blender Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Calorie Vegan Banana Oat Blender Muffins
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used plain, unsweetened almond milk)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all natural nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper the bananas, the sweeter the muffins)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- Add all the ingredients to high-powered blender (I used my Vitamix) in the order listed. Blend on high speed until the mixture becomes smooth and thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute.
- Pour the muffin batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about ¾ of the way. Sprinkle muffins with a few oats before baking, if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the muffins turn golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transer muffins to wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins can be store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or placed in Ziplock freezer bags and frozen.
Recipe source: Reboot with Joe
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Low Calorie Banana Muffin Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Blender Muffins
- Mini Banana Cashew Muffins
- Chunky Low-Fat Banana Bran Muffins
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Delicious and so easy
This is my favorite muffin recipe of all time! I'm baking them for a group of friends some who have nut allergies—can you sub the peanut butter with something else? Many thanks.