Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Poached Pears
(108 calories | *3 WW SmartPoints)
I’d never poached pears before. Not on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.
But I felt like it was time to try.
Before beginning, I read all about How to Poach Pears and then pulled out the my slow cooker.
The Skinny on Slow Cooked Poached Pears
I opted to keep my first attempt at slow cooker poached pears super simple, using just water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
Simple, easy, impressive and light, these gently spiced poached pears are the perfect do-ahead dessert.
You can serve them plain or dress them up with a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Or get even fancier with a drizzle of dark chocolate or caramel sauce.
They would be a nice accompaniment to a sliver of gingerbread or spice cake too.
According to my calculations, each serving has just 108 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Slow Cooker Poached Pears Recipe Variations
- After poaching the pears, while the liquid is still warm, add approximately 1/2 cup dried cranberries, raisins, or dried currants and let them plump.
- In place of the water, you can use 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup white wine (sweet or dry) or sparkling cider.
- For Poached Pears with Asian Spices add 3 star anise, 5 slices fresh ginger, and 2 cloves to the poaching mix.
If you enjoy these simple 5-ingredient poached pears, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Pear Apple Compote, Apple Pear Cranberry Crisp, Orange Sauced Slow Cooker Hot Fruit, Slow Cooker Baked Apples with Gingersnaps and Slow Cooker Bananas Foster
If you’ve made these crock pot poached pears, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Slow Cooker Poached Pears Recipe
- 4 pears, peeled cored and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2-Quart.
- Place the pears in the slow cooker.
- Stir together the water and sugar, add the cinnamon stick and cloves and then pour over the pears.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the pears are tender when pierced with a fork. (The firmer your pears, the longer it will take.)
- Let cool and then fish out the cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Serve chilled or warm, plain, or with a dollop of vanilla yogurt or whipped cream.
- Transfer the pears and their liquid to an airtight container and refrigerate.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Slow Cooker Poached Pears Recipes
- Red Wine Poached Pears (Year of Slow Cooking)
- Slow Cooker Poached Pears in Caramel Sauce (The Perfect Pantry)
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Poached Pears (SkinnyMs)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!