Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pineapple Pudding
(251 calories | 13 12 11 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I don’t think I’d ever heard of pineapple pudding until seeing it recently on Southern Plate, where it made my mouth water.
So, imagine my delight, when I came across a lighter, easier variation of pineapple pudding for the slow cooker.
It’s got just 5 ingredients, all of them staples in my kitchen.
I was able to toss this easy pineapple pudding together in less than 10 minutes Sunday afternoon.
It thickened up beautifully in just a few hours 🙂
The instructions say to serve this pineapple pudding warm with a little scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt, or a dollop of whipped cream.
But, since it was Sunday, I decided to get fancy and give it a southern twist. I made little pineapple pudding parfaits by layering it between a couple of vanilla wafers.
We enjoyed this light and luscious treat while watching Downton Abbey. The perfect way to end a lovely weekend!
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Fruit Pudding?
According to my calculations, each serving has 251 calories and:
13 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
12 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
11 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Pineapple Pudding, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pudding
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup water (I used almond milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 vanilla wafers for making parfaits (optional)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2-Quart
- Spray the interior of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the pineapple, almond milk, eggs, cornstarch and sugar together in the slow cooker until well blended.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, until thickened, stirring 2 or 3 times during the cooking if you can.
- Serve warm with a scoop of light vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Or to make parfaits, place 1 vanilla wafer in a small glass or pudding dish. Top with 1/4 cup pudding. Repeat with another vanilla wafer and 1/4 cup pudding. Top with a little whipped cream and vanilla wafer for garnish. You'll have enough for 4 parfaits.
Source: adapted from Fix-it and Forget-it 5-Ingredient Favorites: Comforting Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooked pineapple pudding you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!